1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lotus Exige and BMW M3

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by olv, 21 Sep 2009.

1. olv

Soldato

Took some photos of some friend's cars on Saturday. First time using multiple speedlites to light a car (I used two 430EX) so I'm quite pleased with some of them. I would appreciate some critique :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More here.

2. Trick

Mobster

Just seen these on SELOC. Great photos.

You've gotta love a Photogenic Lotus!

Last edited: 22 Sep 2009
  3. olv

Soldato

Thanks for the comment. Would you mind changing your photos to links though please.

4. ScarySquirrel

Capodecina

I love the third shot of the lotus. Great angle on that :)

5. p0ss3s3d

Wise Guy

Wow dude!! Really like the picys, the lotus looks great. Lightings's really nice but I would've reduced exposure a little on the first one & probably reduced the power of the flash too, to create a bit more atmosphere. The second & thrid shots are ok but agin are a little flat beacuse the eveness of light.

5 and 6 are nice and I think 11 would've ben better wide-open to blur the background.

I too like the sort-of fisheye/very wide angle lotus
    Man I'm sounding really harsh. I really like the images just a few small things 'I' would change but in reality they're only small niggles.

3688, 3695 and 3579 are really nice too.

Last edited: 21 Sep 2009
  6. PeterNem

Sgarrista

The colour of the lotus is really photogenic!! Great pics! The B&W M3 shot (#4) has a really good look to it!

7. olv

Soldato

You dont sound harsh at all, i appreciate your comments.

I really would have preferred to open the shutter and get more ambient light in but the car park wasn't empty and I didn't want other cars in the shot so that's why I decided to try and cut out the background. I've put a completely blacked out version on my website which i think works quite well http://www.devolv.co.uk/

I agree though as I prefer the style of shot that shadowness(I think) posted of the evo earlier.

I'm kind of pleased that you picked up on the eveness of the light as that's what I was trying to do. I didn't really know where to start so I just went with symmetrical lighting to start with without much consideration of why. I think if I had more lights and could either throw some highlights at the rear or light the wall behind it they might have stood out a bit more.

One of the things I didn't like was that if I moved my speedlites too far away they weren't really powerful enough at 1/1 to do much so I had to move them quite close to the cars for most of the shots so I ended up shooting with my 10-20mm for the whole time. In hindsight I could have taken #11 with my 50mm 1.8 and thrown the background out of focus. Perhaps I'll do that next time.

Thanks for your input :)

8. DB_SamX

Sgarrista

I like 4.

Last edited: 21 Sep 2009
  9. Namistai

Hitman

I really like #4 as well :)