• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Lowest 2080ti price - £350

Soldato
Would £300-320 be a decent price to pick up a second hand 2080 non super or ti. Thinking of changing my 1660ti?
Not if you can get a 2080ti for £350. Personally i’ve not seen them go for that but this thread shows otherwise.
I would rather pay a bit more for one with warranty, like an EVGA. Cheapest has been on ebay for £485

Associate
Absolutely crackers. He has no business telling people what to spend their money on.

Like a low-rent Martin Lewis.

Just shovelling my shiny nuggets of information so everyone make purchases with the full picture and honestly with the overwhelming positive feedback; it's done it's job.

By the way i will say posting that the 3080 is twice the speed of a 2080ti is wrong. You can not go by one RT game. Indeed the annual figures ar more like 25-40% each year.

And they are already saying 25% and i believe them so telling someone he will get 2x his fps is actually sort of mis information. Heck if i thought it was a real double fps upgrade id of sold mine last month. But i know from experience a lot of younget folks get carried away this time every single year. Nvidia and Jensen are absoloute capitalist villains so anyone expecting 2x is off thier rocker.

https://youtu.be/C2tHpiHG2_w?t=347

- Time stamped; This guy has a graph of the 3080 against other cards; he's a legit reviewer. He cut off the 3080 Data at the top of the graph but if you squint; you can see one Line where the 3080 Time Spy Extreme score ends up. Roughly 21% increase? but 50% decrease in price; Welp at least I corrected that on my information days ago.

Associate
An FE model has just sold for £400 on the MM and I have a chance to buy an strix model for the same price... or do I hold out for a 3070... hmmm that extra Vram at 4k will help!... what do you all think?

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
An FE model has just sold for £400 on the MM and I have a chance to buy an strix model for the same price... or do I hold out for a 3070... hmmm that extra Vram at 4k will help!... what do you all think?
As it is a nice premium 2080Ti, if it has warranty from a reliable seller, then might be worth giving it a shot. £350 would be ideal, but don’t think it will easily reach that price.

Soldato
Really wondering the same, 2nd hand 2080tis have very very good price to performance ratio atm.

Yep. That's why many including myself have gone for it.

Anything sub £450 is worth it imo.

I've had dozens of graphics cards over the years. Not one has ever failed and I overclock them all.

Soldato
By the way i will say posting that the 3080 is twice the speed of a 2080ti is wrong. You can not go by one RT game. Indeed the annual figures ar more like 25-40% each year.
He just lying to try make the 2080ti go for very cheap
Most likely because he hoping to buy one up for himself for a really cheap price

As there no where saying the 3080 is twice the speed of a 2080ti apart from him

Soldato
It is faster without being more expensive.
faster but not twice the speed (i eat my 2080ti if the 3080 is twice the speed :D)

Plus we don't know what prices the decent third party 3070 & 3080 GPU's are going to sell for

Ocuk is already listing the Asus ROG Strix 3070 at £650
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-44r-as.html

And the Asus 3080 at £848
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/asus...dr6x-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-44k-as.html

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom