Luxury Vinyl Tile

Associate
In the early stages of kitchen project...and looking at flooring options.

Will be going with LVT, and from previous threads it seems that polyflor was best bang for buck compared to likes of Karndean and Amtico....is this still the case?

Is my 1k budget about right, or too low to cover 18m2 of flooring?

Any recommendations for suppliers?

Soldato
Depending on what tiles you choose is about £35/sqm fitted for say £20/sqm karndean (based on my experience ) , as long as your floors are relatively level etc . The prices can creep up significantly though depending on what you want!

My parents amtico is a lot better quality than my karndean... But I imagine the price reflects that.

kai

kai

Soldato
I think we (the wife) selected Moduleo. It's pretty decent around £35 / 40 sqm

We have different styles in the office, bathrooms and below - kitchen.
IMG_0666.jpg

Soldato
I had LG Decotile fitted and am happy with it. I have 1960s wooden floorboards. The fitters put down plywood, screeded, then glued down the LVT. Would recommend at least looking at the alternative flooring. The thing that sold LVT to us was that you can replace sections and the general ease of upkeep. We could have spent twice as much on Karndean or Amtico, but will we be sick of it before it's worn out and fancy a change? Will the LG ever wear out given it has something like a 20+ year guarantee?

You pay your money, you take your choice, but so far, so good with LVT in general :)

Soldato
Think we're pretty much set on LVT. I had initially been thinking of the click variants and fitting myself as i had thought the cost of leveling/fitting the stick down stuff would be too high.

I worked out that fitting the click myself would cost around £40/sqm (£35 for the materials and then £5 for underlay). However it seems a few people i've spoken to have quoted me around £55-£60/sqm to come out and screed the floor and then install the stick down stuff so am much more likely to go with them i think. The end difference is about a grand based on 60m2 but i think the end product will be much better.

The last guy i spoke to said that Polyfloor was his favored product so looking forward to getting things moving forward.

Soldato
@The Craig

If you don't mind me asking, what was the price per m2 for your Karndean?

Our carpet guy who we've used multiple times and has always been really cheap but also reliable and good quality suggested someone. Having spoken to the guy he said he could lay the Karndean Van Gogh range for £55-£60 a metre including screeding and dpm if needed. Quite a few other places have suggested it'd be around £75/m2.

I know he doesn't have a shop and the overheads they incur but it seems cheap and i'm a little nervous. Even though he's highly recommended and has told me he's done numerous jobs at Booths supermarkets.

Soldato
@The Craig

If you don't mind me asking, what was the price per m2 for your Karndean?

Our carpet guy who we've used multiple times and has always been really cheap but also reliable and good quality suggested someone. Having spoken to the guy he said he could lay the Karndean Van Gogh range for £55-£60 a metre including screeding and dpm if needed. Quite a few other places have suggested it'd be around £75/m2.

I know he doesn't have a shop and the overheads they incur but it seems cheap and i'm a little nervous. Even though he's highly recommended and has told me he's done numerous jobs at Booths supermarkets.
It was £1700 fitted for 28m2 supply and fitting including a lot of levelling in the front section (~£300). My tiles themselves where cheap ish ones and around £20/sqm. So if you get 1700-300= 1400£ works out to approx 50£ a sqm, thus £30 ish labour per sqm.

Unfortunately a good while after I realised the floors completely even but that's only when I tried to fit the skirting! (could easily be covered by decent carpenter.

In the end I also got the front porch (circa 5m2 )done for another £100 including supply and fitting.

I think if you had a big area there's savings to be made

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom