M-audio DELTA 1010LT

Soldato
OP
How do you find it?

I need a proper lead, (i can only go from amp into either the left or right socket) so i only get sound from the left or right speaker :o

What program do you use to record? I havent mangaged to get a nice guitar sound from it yet!

Associate
Andr3w said:
How do you find it?

I need a proper lead, (i can only go from amp into either the left or right socket) so i only get sound from the left or right speaker :o

What program do you use to record? I havent mangaged to get a nice guitar sound from it yet!

when you get a audio prog like cubase or logic you can just set it to 2 mono ins as opposed to 1 stereo in. it should be in the inputs section of the options. also have a looksy at the delta control panel..

as far as making a nice sound goes, it can be a little bit of a misson (as theres no speaker in the recording stage to make it sound good). its best just to experiment with EQ, delays and reverb.

i personally use cubase with amp-sim plugins, stereo delay and reverb. i get some okish results. i haven't trien them yet but some guy recomended me these for amp-sim plugins Site Thread i posted in sound on sound.

gl

Jack

Sic

Sic

Soldato
it'll be in the recording app. normally when you add a new instrument, choose it as mono input - that's how it works in garageband (and Sibelius when i was forced to use it for music A level :()

Soldato
how are you plugging the amp into the soundcard? i know you say you're using a cable :p but where are you sticking the cable so to speak?

you can set it up to be a mono input in the "M tools" thing that may or may not be in your taskbar where the clock is...

Soldato
OP
Soldato
OP
Last edited:
Permabanned
That's about as good as you will get I think. Your amp is the limiting factor. You might try tweaking the EQ a bit to see if you can get it sounded a bit less muddy perhaps.

IMO the V-amp's and POD's are the best way to get a decent guitar sound into a pc (bar mic-ing up proper stack amps with quality microphones)

Associate
starscream said:
IMO the V-amp's and POD's are the best way to get a decent guitar sound into a pc (bar mic-ing up proper stack amps with quality microphones)

Don't forget the Toneport and Guitarport. ;)

Soldato
OP
What do you think of the sound on this? Personally i think it sounds quite nice, but then again i dont have a trained ear :p Yes it does have phaser
http://rapidshare.de/files/20264499/song1.wav.html
I have tried messing around with the Equaliser to try get rid of the "mucky" sound,but to be honest, all this stuff is new to me and i have no idea what eq even does lol!

Got help me when i get cubase

Permabanned
It sounds OK I guess. Don't get me wrong, but I think you need to take some time to have a think about what your objectives are and what you are looking to record. At the moment you seem to be looking for things to buy and programs to use without really concentrating on what it is you actually want to do. You need to put a lot of time into writing and thinking about the arrangements before you even switch on the PC. Recording blindly into a bit of software you aren't familiar with is probably going to frustrate you to be honest.

Associate
I've been making music with Audacity recently with the 2496, going direct input from guitar (though mine goes into a preamp too). Also using a 15W amp, as I don't have an instrument mic and I can't get my big amp in my bedroom very easily :p.

Sounds like you just recorded it once and copied it in your song! It has a click thing at the start of each bar :o

I think audacity is capable of putting together good-ish quality music, you just need get used to using it. Keep practicing with it. I would get a pre-amp, I got a not too expensive AudioBuddy, made by M-Audio, and think my recorded guitar tone got much better from using it.

Here's a song I made:
my song

The timing isn't perfect, and some of the singing needs work but I think it shows you don't need to blow a few hundred quid on expensive recording software too soon. I was about to, but getting some better hardware ie. a preamp will be a better investment, I think.

I also recommend getting the program Hammerhead. Great for making drumtracks for your songs, before I got it I was recording some bongo drums.. which doesn't work for many types of music :D

Get it here:
Hammerhead

Back
Top Bottom