M135i Replacment - £20-25k.

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;29142317 said:
The size counts for a lot - it's more refined and it's longer wheelbase means it rides better, etc.

Perhaps I'm just biased as I really don't like hatchbacks.

Would you ever consider a 335d over a 335i? On paper it seems to be the better performing vehicle.

Associate
I'm in the same boat as you spam.

My m135i lease runs out early march.

Me and the missus have decided to use her new Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost until end of the year then I will be placing an order for an F80 M3...

...it's the only logical step up and around Christmas time there are usually good discounts to be had.

It's a long wait but it will be worth it in the end :D

Soldato

Me and the missus have decided to use her new Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost until end of the year then I will be placing an order for an F80 M3...

...it's the only logical step up and around Christmas time there are usually good discounts to be had.

Good choice :) though the coupe is undeniably better :p

Man of Honour
Would you ever consider a 335d over a 335i? On paper it seems to be the better performing vehicle.

I currently drive a 530d so I guess that means yes. I'm really not a diesel fan but I do like the newer 6 pots. They are still crap and annoying around town from cold but once they are warmed up the performance and refinement are excellent.

Soldato
OP

What spec is yours? Where did you get it from? Have you got a quote for buying it?

Soldato

I usually would have said absolutely. I have a 530d just now, which replaced a fantastic 335d. I loved the 335d, well the engine at least. Mine was "mildly" mapped to 340 bhp, and returned 40 mpg (average, 45+ on a run). It really was so good I didn't need to keep my S4.

However, I am now looking to move on from my 530d as I don't need another big diesel estate, in my current situation. And I am looking for a more "fun" petrol. So I have considered the 340i (the "new" 335i basically).

The thing holding me back, is as Fox has said, the interior. The 5 series has now spoiled me, and sitting in a 3 series just doesn't make sense to me anymore. Swapping to a 535i isn't going to be enough of a change, and being the bigger barge, it simply wont be as "fun" either as its smaller brethren. So I have had to strike off the BMW's from my search (I am currently considering a swap to an older S4 just now, until the new RS4 is released, but I may as well just keep the 530d until then really).

Soldato
I had a remapped BMW 535d for some time and while it was fun, it was a diesel out of necessity rather than choice. There are many better petrol engines.

Man of Honour
I usually would have said absolutely. I have a 530d just now, which replaced a fantastic 335d. I loved the 335d, well the engine at least. Mine was "mildly" mapped to 340 bhp, and returned 40 mpg (average, 45+ on a run). It really was so good I didn't need to keep my S4.

However, I am now looking to move on from my 530d as I don't need another big diesel estate, in my current situation. And I am looking for a more "fun" petrol. So I have considered the 340i (the "new" 335i basically).

The thing holding me back, is as Fox has said, the interior. The 5 series has now spoiled me, and sitting in a 3 series just doesn't make sense to me anymore. Swapping to a 535i isn't going to be enough of a change, and being the bigger barge, it simply wont be as "fun" either as its smaller brethren. So I have had to strike off the BMW's from my search (I am currently considering a swap to an older S4 just now, until the new RS4 is released, but I may as well just keep the 530d until then really).

If you can't do a 3 because the 5 spoiled you - which I totally get as I'm the same, you will sit in the S4 for about 20 seconds before you fall about laughing. It's hilariously bad in there, because it's an interior that came out in 2007.

Back
Top Bottom