m8s 360 got thrown out window (pics)

Permabanned
Emlyn_Dewar said:
The Dad must be mentally ill then... I mean seriously, what a moron. Why didn't he just take it away/sell it or even just do the right thing and tell your mate to stop playing it so much.

Maybe he simply has a bad temper and the son is particularly annoying.
Maybe the next time the father asks the son to help out around the house / do his schoolwork / get a job (delete as appropriate) instead of playing on the 360 all the time the son will do as he is told.

Thumbs up to the dad for taking no nonsense off the kid.

Soldato
VIRII said:
Maybe the next time the father asks the son to help out around the house / do his schoolwork / get a job (delete as appropriate) instead of playing on the 360 all the time the son will do as he is told.

Yeap, agreed!

Soldato
Can't see why you think having a very short temper is a good thing. Maybe instead of throwing the 360 out the window the dad should have just repeatedly punched the son in the face. Knocking him around a few times a week would make sure he keeps up with his chores/schoolwork.

~J~

~J~

Soldato
I'm sure there are a lot of fathers on here, I am for one, however...

Whilst I agree about the "no nonsense", I also think there's a limit to this. Throwing something out of the window which has either cost the father/mother/son/family a considerable amount of money is a little childish and perhaps not very 'adult'.

If the child can't play a game, loses his temper and throws the console on the floor, let alone out of the window, in a temper, he'll be brandished immature, childish and not fit for expensive toys.

I know 100% that it's gonna hurt a child a hundred times more knowing there's a "toy" that's fully working and 'banned' from been used as opposed to a 'toy' that's not working and can't be used.

So yeah, no nonense is right, but the way he did it is absolutely disgraceful.

Soldato
There are better ways to take 'no nonsense' from your kids, and if this is genuine, then its completely moronic.

Soldato
VIRII said:

That's fair enough and I agree but even I wouldn't go that far! Sure I'd take the Xbox off them, not destroy it :p

For example punishing my eldest my removing the Sky card from the digibox in her room instead of throwing the box out the window ;)

Man of Honour
VIRII said:

Though it's a little extreme on the dads part, I agree with what VIRII has said.

Good on the dad, he's got his point across. Though we don't know the full story, If the kid's not doing homework, failing school, wasting money, getting far too fat from no exercise and playing the Xbox 360 instead, fair play to the dad.

It is only a £280 paperweight now, but it's not as if he's gone and killed his dog or anything, the 360 can be replaced, savegames retrieved from memory card / HDD if it's not too buggered (though the HDD does look totalled). A computer though, probably would be a bit too far, as there is so much more that can be lost from that.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I'd need to know the full story before passing judgement but I'm guessing the boy gave his old man some attitude of some kind. This is the sort of thing my father would have done in the past, he used to have a fearsome short temper at times.

Permabanned
Emlyn_Dewar said:
Can't see why you think having a very short temper is a good thing. Maybe instead of throwing the 360 out the window the dad should have just repeatedly punched the son in the face. Knocking him around a few times a week would make sure he keeps up with his chores/schoolwork.

Who said it was a "good thing" ?
I simply stated that it might be a contributing factor to his actions. How you then go from chucking an xbox out of the window to repeatedly punching someone in the face is quite laughable.

Permabanned
~J~ said:
I'm sure there are a lot of fathers on here, I am for one, however...

Whilst I agree about the "no nonsense", I also think there's a limit to this. Throwing something out of the window which has either cost the father/mother/son/family a considerable amount of money is a little childish and perhaps not very 'adult'.

If the child can't play a game, loses his temper and throws the console on the floor, let alone out of the window, in a temper, he'll be brandished immature, childish and not fit for expensive toys.

I know 100% that it's gonna hurt a child a hundred times more knowing there's a "toy" that's fully working and 'banned' from been used as opposed to a 'toy' that's not working and can't be used.

So yeah, no nonense is right, but the way he did it is absolutely disgraceful.

I think that there is almost certainly a huge amount about this scenario that we have not been told.
The son may have been told repeatedly to get off the xbox and tidy up or the xbox was going out of the window. So the father made good on a promise. Good for him.
As a father myself I know how quickly a kid picks up on a threat such as "if you draw on my walls again I will put those pens in the bin" if you do not carry the threat out.

I personally would have unplugged it and sold it but I don't blame the father for what he did, it is his money afterall and no-one was hurt.

I wonder if there is a commonality between those who are branding the father a lunatic and those who can see why he did it. Perhaps those of us who can understand the fathers actions are older and/or have kids ourselves.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Homer-Simpson said:
It doesn't say in the thread that the dad did buy the Xbox :confused:

It doesn't, but the way people are jumping to conclusions, it would sound like everybody knew exactly what happened and therefore the dad is a moron.

But I think you can also read VIRII's post, (well I did anyway) as the dad can pay for a new one etc, not based on who originally paid for it etc.

Permabanned
Homer-Simpson said:
It doesn't say in the thread that the dad did buy the Xbox :confused:

I have a sneaking suspicion that the son in question is a teenage layabout without a job and any money that he has originates from the father.
Either way "Victorian Dad" for the win :)
I can't wait till my daughter brings home a boyfriend - ooh look at my shovel and my firearms licence boy.

Permabanned
wyrdo said:
For example punishing my eldest my removing the Sky card from the digibox in her room instead of throwing the box out the window ;)

I am calling the RSPCC about this cruelty :p

Soldato
VIRII said:

Man, i hear that.. but waste of £300, makes my student sense tingle!

~J~

~J~

Soldato
VIRII said:
I wonder if there is a commonality between those who are branding the father a lunatic and those who can see why he did it. Perhaps those of us who can understand the fathers actions are older and/or have kids ourselves.

I think that's been established, and I'm proud to admit I'm an old-fashioned person with old-fashioned beliefs, I'm also 34 so class myself as pretty adult in things. Not to turn this thread into an issue on morals on smacking, punishment, etc, etc, I'm all for it and I agree that the son should have been punished. I'm all for a total and definitive underlined punishment, not some namby pamby "naughty child" approach, a good slap and shout never did me or any of my mates any harm.

But likewise, having these old fashioned values also means that I totally deplore waste and destruction which is "how I see" the father has done.

So I'm not saying at all that the child shouldn't have been punished, BUT, as has been pointed out we're not hearing all the story, but likewise I just think 'lobbing' something out of the window in a rage is just a waste and a lack of control really. If this was NOT premeditated, I'd be warey at what other things this person could do whilst losing control.

Punish the kid - 100%
How he did it - 0%

Soldato
I'm also a dad and my kids are just getting to the age where a) they will do anything apart from what I tell them and b) they will do whatever I tell them as soon as I threaten to unscrew and confiscate their bedroom door. :D Only had to do it the once, and admit it was a pain to get back on lol, but my god is it an effective tactic! Theres nothing kids hate more than a lack of privacy :)

Back
Top Bottom