m8s 360 got thrown out window (pics)

ljt

ljt

Soldato
It doesn't matter how bad the kid might have wound his dad up, there are more sensible ways of going about it, without making the kid resent him even more.

He could have locked it away so the kid couldn't have got it until the dispute was solved, simple, and nothing is broke, plus it gives the kid an incentive to do as he/she is told as there is the Xbox360 waiting for them when they are behaving.

The Dad has now rendered his bargaining with the kid useless as the kid now hates his dad and will prob not do as his told as he has nothing to look forward to now.

If it were me as the Dad however, I'd just tease the kid and play on it myself infront of him and not do anything favours for the kid to give him a taste of his own medicine. but i certainly wouldnt destroy my only bargaining chip

Soldato
Years ago I bought myself the first Mortal Kombat game for the megadrive with my own money (earn't, not given). My dad had told me to wait until it was my birthday (a week away) but I went ahead and bought it anyway.

The day after, my dad caught me playing it and promptly took the game away and cut my bank card in 2. I should have listened, but I did get the game back for my birthday :D.

As for the 360 out of the window, perhaps a little over the top. My brother had something of his thrown out of the window (forget what it was) during a heated arguement. In that instance my brother was being a goit and had been taking the pee for a while prior to the blow out.

Going on what little information there is, I'm leaning towards the dad being in the right. Teenage stories can be very twisted at times, told a few myself in the past ;):)

Last edited:
Soldato
i dont know full story, but there is always a better solution, hope sorrys are said and dad pays up imo. I would just refuse to speak to him until annother one was paid for! Failing that, throw him out the window! lol

(joking, throwing dad out of window is not a viable option, however anyone else would get that treatment)!

Soldato
ONESHOTKILL said:
His dad threw out window because he was playing it to much apparantly :O
Oh dear...I guess his dad was concerned about his son's health from playing too much.

If your son refused to stop playing too much, what else can you do? :p

Soldato
Haha, that's ace. Sorry for finding it funny, but it is only an Xbox 360 after all, hardly all that precious.

If he really had paid for it all by himself though, I'd have gone absolutely ballistic in his shoes. Would probably have taken a few minutes to get over the shock of it mind.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah every dad in the world is a good dad and needs a excuse to throw something out window or even worst so when you compair your dad to someone you don't know don't take it for granted it is the the lad's fault,just maybe he never did anything wrong as some dad's don't need excuse to blow up, on the other hand some kids can be a pain, but i do feel for the lad as he paided for it himself, taking it away would have been enough.

Q

Soldato
Someone said it just a xbox but if someone did that to my computer i would be gutted and where would i get my fix from playing eve and eq

Q

Soldato
Reminds me of smashmyxbox.org or whatever it was...

The guys face from the car as he watched them smash up and xbox.. it literally just said..

"dude... why... you could have just given it to me.. and i would have had so much fun.. and its just a terrible waste"

i know its only money.. but it does make the world go round.. and £300 is quite a bit

Associate
My dad used to threaten to dump my consoles in the bin when I played too much, lol. I think it was more of a figure of speech though. But he did actually hide my Game Boy away for a few months once, LOL. It was only when I happened to help him with some important forms/letters or something (I was 13 IIRC) when he gave it back.

Soldato
DaveyD said:
Though we don't know the full story, If the kid's not doing homework, failing school, wasting money, getting far too fat from no exercise and playing the Xbox 360 instead, fair play to the dad.

More or less what he said. However if it was just a control-freak parent who wanted his son to 'stop playing that new games console, games are stupid', then I think it was way, way out of line.

I don't see games as a bad thing at all, and if my kids wanted to play on a console, I don't see any problem with them playing it for as long as they wanted - as long as they weren't falling behind in school.

However - chucking it out of the windows removes the 'reward' for improving behaviour. Unless of course the Dad purchases a new X360 if his behaviour improves. Although going by a PC being held ransom in return, I would guess that wasn't on the table. Far better method (even if you're enraged) is to disable it in the simplist way possible (remove PSU brick), make it clear that it'll be returned when behaviour improves / homework complete / school improves. There's an incentive to improve, and its far more civilised. By destroying the console, instead of there being an insentive - there's a big reason for the son to retaliate. I doubt this event will be forgot for years to come. 'Son, wash the dishes', 'you destroyed my console, no chance'.

Kids pick up on the smallest of things, even if they don't realise it. Destroying a piece of equipment is sending a bad message.

Last edited:
Soldato
Unless i've picked this up wrong, the "Kid" in question is actually an adult in full time work. What the father is doing throwing a 360 out the window that has been bought and paid for by said "kid"is beyond me. If he is indeed an adult and choses to play the 360 what harm is it doing the father ?

Unless there is something deeper seated like the "kid" not paying rent but then going out and buying the 360, i could see how that would annoy. There's never an excuse though for destroying other peoples property. I'd have gone ballistic if it had happened to me.

Last edited:
Permabanned
melchy said:
Unless i've picked this up wrong, the "Kid" in question is actually an adult in full time work. What the father is doing throwing a 360 out the window that has been bought and paid for by said "kid"is beyond me. If he is indeed an adult and choses to play the 360 what harm is it doing the father ?

If the son is living under his father's roof then he needs to abide by his father's rules. Presumably he wasn't doing that. He is of course free to leave and fend for himself :)

Back
Top Bottom