m8s 360 got thrown out window (pics)

Soldato
dirtydog said:
If the son is living under his father's roof then he needs to abide by his father's rules. Presumably he wasn't doing that. He is of course free to leave and fend for himself :)

Thats fair enough, but as an adult you should be treated in a certain way. Some parents dont know when to let go of the reins. If it was a simple stop playing the 360 because I dont think you should be playing it as much, what reason does the father have to make this decision for another adult. As others have pointed out there may be more deep seated reasons for the blow out.

Last edited:
Permabanned
melchy said:
Thats fair enough, but as an adult you should be treated in a certain way. Some parents dont know when to let go of the reins. If it was a simple stop playing the 360 because i dont think you should be playing it as much, what reason does the father have to make this decision for another adult.

Well as I said before, I'd need to know the details of what happened to pass judgement on it fully :) It sounds over the top, but then I don't know what the son said or did to provoke the action.

(just noticed your edit btw)

Soldato
dirtydog said:
If the son is living under his father's roof then he needs to abide by his father's rules. Presumably he wasn't doing that. He is of course free to leave and fend for himself :)

Average first-time house buyer is ~30 iirc.

There's got to be something else. Like 'too much time gaming' is really 'you put salt in my car's fuel tank'.

Or the Dad has far too short a temper and needs to get that sorted.

Permabanned
NokkonWud said:
Wait, thats not funny, thats just racist and it's a disgrace. Also, this should have been deleted, it's not at all to do with fake newsletters or dodgy ebay ads.

Not really mate. ElRazur is nigerian. Different cultures have different parenting styles. A carribbean friend of mine says "back home" they tie the kids leg to a tree when it is very young to stop it wandering off.

Permabanned
Reading through this thread I see a lot of posts that seem to say :

Throwing a 360 out of the window is disgraceful behaviour, a father should know better.
My response would be to go "ballistic".

Doesn't anyone see the irony of that?

At the end of the day if you live in my house you abide by my rules. if I tell you to turn the 360 off and pull your weight around the house you'll do it. If not then get your own place. I left home at 19 partly because I could not live by my parents rules.
If you don't like it don't live there.

Soldato
If the dad paid for the console then he has every right to throw it out of the window if his son isn't doing as he has told (must have been quite a reason for it).

Maybe the son will learn next time.

Soldato
VIRII said:

Throwing a 360 out of the window is disgraceful behaviour, a father should know better.

At the end of the day if you live in my house you abide by my rules. if I tell you to turn the 360 off and pull your weight around the house you'll do it. If not then get your own place. I left home at 19 partly because I could not live by my parents rules.

This man speaks wise words.
Need to see it from the parents point of view too.

Soldato
VIRII said:
LOL :D My wife nearly threw me out the window after a similar PA related early morning raid. Which alliance were you in?

Been in quite a few. Fury (for about a day), BlueTuba/TNG/Sith, Hirr, Wolfpack, AIM... think thats about it. I was was given the evil eye by the missus for getting a phone call from a mate in NZ telling me to get my 'pom ass out of bed' lol.

Soldato
VIRII said:

There's no irony in that at all. I suspect that if anyone knowingly and deliberately damaged something belonging to you, you'd be none too happy about it. Where does it say that if a parent destroys something that a)Theres nothing wrong with that because its just your parents, b)You as the victim have to be all sweet and nice about it just because its a parent.

Wrecking someones stuff just because you arent getting your own way is nothing short of childish. Something you'd expect from a 5 year old (I know that we all have those moments to some degree but most of us wont go around breaking stuff). There are much better ways of getting your point across, even if its as severe as to simply ask the "Kid" to move out if the situation has got to a stage where they can no longer live under the same roof. I know i'd still have respected my father for coming straight out with that, i'd hold no respect for someone who goes around breaking stuff to try to force the same effect.

All this is going to possibly achieve is -
Force the "kid" out of the family home
If the "Kid" is already depressed, force a deeper depression. Both by the action of the father and loss of the 360 (Many depressives lose themselves into gaming etc as an escape from the real world and loss of that escape can be pretty devistating). Im not saying this is the case, but just giving an example.
Hatred of the father (possibly to an extent where they no longer talk or have contact)
Retribution (ie hostage PC :D)

People that agree with what the father has done think that this is a good thing ?

Last edited:
Soldato
oweneades said:
If the dad paid for the console then he has every right to throw it out of the window if his son isn't doing as he has told (must have been quite a reason for it).

Maybe the son will learn next time.

But the Dad didn't pay for the console, even then it's pretty out of order, I don't see what you're meant to achieve by completely losing your rag. Surely the Son will have lost a lot of respect for mad old Dad now...
What is there to learn here? Dad's completely unstable? I can't own any high value items in fear he goes off his trolley again? I need to get the hell out of this house?

Permabanned
Syph said:
Been in quite a few. Fury (for about a day), BlueTuba/TNG/Sith, Hirr, Wolfpack, AIM... think thats about it. I was was given the evil eye by the missus for getting a phone call from a mate in NZ telling me to get my 'pom ass out of bed' lol.

Fury ??? With Syn Sid the scumbag? Eek.

Permabanned
melchy said:
There's no irony in that at all.

There is untold irony in suggesting that because someones action was utterly out of order that you'd then perform an even worse action in return.

OMGZ he chucked my xbox out the window.
Killz0r him with fire.

I would smack my father in the face for that.

etc, etc, etc.

Permabanned
Emlyn_Dewar said:
But the Dad didn't pay for the console, even then it's pretty out of order, I don't see what you're meant to achieve by completely losing your rag. Surely the Son will have lost a lot of respect for mad old Dad now...
What is there to learn here? Dad's completely unstable? I can't own any high value items in fear he goes off his trolley again? I need to get the hell out of this house?

Or how about learning ... "I must help out around the house for once, pay some rent, act like an adult if I want to be treated like one, stop taking the absolute mick lazing around the place and expecting my parents to house, feed and clothe me.
You talk about respect? How much respect do you have for the kid in thefirst place when he shows none to his father?

I know I was a lazy waste of space when I lived with my parents and my parents regularly had a pop at me for being such a useless layabout.
I did not really see it at the time, but being a father and homeowner now i definitely know where they were coming from.

At the end of the day the 360 is a major focus as to why the kid is annoying the parents so it took the punishment, I can understand the fathers feelings, more over I really don't give a damn about the kids feelings.

Last edited:
Soldato
VIRII said:
There is untold irony in suggesting that because someones action was utterly out of order that you'd then perform an even worse action in return.

OMGZ he chucked my xbox out the window.
Killz0r him with fire.

I would smack my father in the face for that.

etc, etc, etc.

So what would your response be to someone that you caught keying your car for example ? Are you suggesting that you should just accept such things when they happen to you without any response ?

Soldato
But that's us both assuming things though. Yeah the son could be an arse, but is it not true that the father could also be in the wrong?

Either way, I guess it's an entirely different way of living than to what I've been brought up with. Things like that just wouldn't happen.
If that's the way they deal with issues then fair enough, I'm just thinking it's massively immature on the fathers part to throw something out the window.

Soldato
VIRII said:
Or how about learning ... "I must help out around the house for once, pay some rent, act like an adult if I want to be treated like one, stop taking the absolute mick lazing around the place and expecting my parents to house, feed and clothe me.
You talk about respect? How much respect do you have for the kid in thefirst place when he shows none to his father?

I know I was a lazy waste of space when I lived with my parents and my parents regularly had a pop at me for being such a useless layabout.
I did not really see it at the time, but being a father and homeowner now i definitely know where they were coming from.

At the end of the day the 360 is a major focus as to why the kid is annoying the parents so it took the punishment, I can understand the fathers feelings, more over I really don't give a damn about the kids feelings.

What if the "kid" pays rent, does his own washing, cooking, buys his own clothes etc (in full time work) and generally keeps out of the way of the rest of the family members when not at work. Does he still deserve the 360 to be thrown out of the window just because his father thinks he plays on it too much ? You are assuming the worst of the "Kid".

To say you dont give a damn about the kids feelings gives me real pause. To be a part of family where the kids feelings arent taken into account at all cant be much fun for the kid.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom