m8s 360 got thrown out window (pics)

Associate
VIRII said:
Fury ??? With Syn Sid the scumbag? Eek.

Heh I was one of the fury officers, I met Syn Sid at the playing fields when the people who wrote PA came over. Sid wasnt what I expected in person.

Associate
Here's my two cents:

I admit that parent's are allowed to lose their rag when their kids fail to respond to threats, punishments or work (my parents did and i've never resented it) but something that someone has saved up for a bought with thier own money only to be destroyed in that way is totally out of order.

The parent could have easily taken the xbox away (fair in my opinion) untill things gots better. If I was still living with my parents and my dad threw anything as expensive as a 360 of mine out the window, I would be close to punching him. What if he decided to trash my car when I was 17? Same princable.

A message to some of the older members, what would you do if your spouse picked up your gaming PC and threw that out the window over an arguement no matter how bad. I was very annoyed at my g/f the otherday for taking my copy of the sun and ripping out page 3 along with several over pages. It was my property, she had no right to do that.

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Superdude said:
I was very annoyed at my g/f the otherday for taking my copy of the sun and ripping out page 3 along with several over pages. It was my property, she had no right to do that.

Sorry, couldn't help laughing! :o

Associate
~J~ said:
I'm sure there are a lot of fathers on here, I am for one, however...

Whilst I agree about the "no nonsense", I also think there's a limit to this. Throwing something out of the window which has either cost the father/mother/son/family a considerable amount of money is a little childish and perhaps not very 'adult'.

If the child can't play a game, loses his temper and throws the console on the floor, let alone out of the window, in a temper, he'll be brandished immature, childish and not fit for expensive toys.

I know 100% that it's gonna hurt a child a hundred times more knowing there's a "toy" that's fully working and 'banned' from been used as opposed to a 'toy' that's not working and can't be used.

So yeah, no nonense is right, but the way he did it is absolutely disgraceful.

I agree, 100%.

Soldato
well has he smased his dads pc yet then or what?

if the xbox had been smashed by his dad do you really think his dad would let him hold the pc to ransom lol.

I think his dad would probably launch it at him.

we dont know the full story so canna comment on it.

My rents used to get tough on my Amiga gaming, but thats cause i was supposed to be studying and such, the psu was taken and given back to me at weekends and such, and it sorted me out.

So can we have an update. is the pc in one piece has the dad replaced the xbox? have you found out what actually happened?

Permabanned
melchy said:
So what would your response be to someone that you caught keying your car for example ? Are you suggesting that you should just accept such things when they happen to you without any response ?

I would follow traditional routes and involve the police and the courts.
Are you seriously suggesting that it is OK to punch your father in the face over an Xbox?

Permabanned
Emlyn_Dewar said:
If that's the way they deal with issues then fair enough, I'm just thinking it's massively immature on the fathers part to throw something out the window.

Is it not "massively immature" on the childs part to sit on the 360 all day and refuse to help anyone around the house?

Permabanned
shephga said:
Heh I was one of the fury officers, I met Syn Sid at the playing fields when the people who wrote PA came over. Sid wasnt what I expected in person.

Heh I met him too and a bunch of his officers and a couple of American girls who had come over for the event.

Permabanned
melchy said:
What if the "kid" pays rent, does his own washing, cooking, buys his own clothes etc (in full time work) and generally keeps out of the way of the rest of the family members when not at work. Does he still deserve the 360 to be thrown out of the window just because his father thinks he plays on it too much ? You are assuming the worst of the "Kid".

To say you dont give a damn about the kids feelings gives me real pause. To be a part of family where the kids feelings arent taken into account at all cant be much fun for the kid.

I would think that the vast majority of Fathers are perfectly reasonable individuals unless pushed too far by their children and that the vast majority of teenagers are lazy and give absolutely no consideration to their parents and no help around the house.

Do you have kids of your own? Are you reflecting back on your teenage years with 20 plus more years under your belt or are you posting as a kid who lives at home? As I have said before I was a fairly typical teenager. I earnt some money, lived at home, paid zero rent, took the mick with my comings and goings and looking back on it was a pretty shameful son. At the time I thought I was just having fun and that my parents should get off my back about things.
One time I put a brick through the kitchen window because I was drunk and couldn't find my keys and wanted to go to bed.
If this kid is anything like the teenager I was he then he deserves far more than an xbox being launched out the window.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Superdude said:
What would you do if your spouse picked up your gaming PC and threw that out the window over an arguement no matter how bad. I was very annoyed at my g/f the otherday for taking my copy of the sun and ripping out page 3 along with several over pages. It was my property, she had no right to do that.

Well if I was to follow the advice of some of you young people I would punch her in the face, stamp on her head and then kill her with fire.
Then again as she and I are both adults perhaps we wouldn't ever get into that type of row anyway.
My wife and I have had arguments over computer use in the past, the lesson is to compromise, to accept that the other person probably has a very valid point and to see things from their view. When you both do that life is so much easier.

Permabanned
JimmyEatWorms said:
But you don't even know whether that was the case or not. All we do know is that the father is a bit of a tool with a short fuse.

You don't know that he has a short fuse or that he is a bit of a tool.
You knwo that he chucked an xbox out of the window in the heat of the moment and have absolutely no idea what drove him to doing that or how he is normally.
Do you think that this kid is likely to be a model son, knuckles down to his work, helps around the house a lot?

This thread should go to GD really ;) preferably with a poll. I would think most over 30s are going to have some empathy with the Father.

Soldato
VIRII said:
I would follow traditional routes and involve the police and the courts.
Are you seriously suggesting that it is OK to punch your father in the face over an Xbox?

I dont believe i ever mentioned violence against anyone, but you seem to suggest that there should be a difference between your parents damaging your property and anyone else damaging your property. Any reason whay said "Kid" cant take father through the same traditional means you mention ? Any reason he shouldnt ?

You're certainly a better person than me and probably most on here if you could hold your temper if you caught someone vandalising your car and simply let him go ahead while phoning the police etc.

Permabanned
melchy said:
I dont believe i ever mentioned violence against anyone, but you seem to suggest that there should be a difference between your parents damaging your property and anyone else damaging your property. Any reason whay said "Kid" cant take father through the same traditional means you mention ? Any reason he shouldnt ?

You're certainly a better person than me and probably most on here if you could hold your temper if you caught someone vandalising your car and simply let him go ahead while phoning the police etc.

The post that you first took issue with pointed out the irony of someone complaining that an action was unreasonable and then claiming that they would punch their father in the face. The irony being that they feel they have a right to complain about an action in which no-one is hurt and a right to respond with violence.
If someone wants to take their Father to court over an xbox then do it. If it ever got that far I'd give my kid £300 and 24 hours to move out of my house. I wonder if that is why kids wouldn't do it.

I wouldn't get into a fight over someone scratching my car unless I was 100% positive that I wouldn't get cuaght. The way the law in this country works I would be the one going to jail for GBH or similar for defending my property. So I would simply get the police involved. If I got no joy through normal channels I might employ some other avenue of compensation anonymously and at a later date.
I spent a lot of personal time getting a kids park revamped and I did catch a bunch of teenagers kicking the fence down. I was furious but instead of beating the carp out of them I called the police and videoed them for a minute before going out and grabbing the little scumbag.
Needless to say the fence was repaired by the kids father and they haven't been near the place since.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom