m8s 360 got thrown out window (pics)

Permabanned
Tob3z said:
I will give ANYONE the same respect they give me.

Is there something special about yourself that you think people twice your age are going to instantly respect?
What aspects of your character do you think are going to make people respect you?
Your father (lots of assumptions here but in general a father) has housed, fed and clothed you. Guided you. Looked after you. Given you comfort when you were upset and shown you much love. Tried his best for you. Those things are worthy of respect.

Now it seems probable that most children will respect their fathers for the above reasons. However you suggest that you immediately deserve respect from others regardless of who they are. Please tell me why someone should automatically respect you? They might treat you politely but respect is something much more than that and something few 18 year olds will truly have from people twice their age.
Most 18 year olds still have a lot of growing up to do.

Permabanned
Tob3z said:
if my father walked into my room now and smashed up my 360 because I would have been peed off I prob would have hit him. It wouldn't hurt him because I am so damn week but I know it would shock him. I then would run down stairs, put my foot through his pc and then gone up to his sports card and messed up the body work.

Now this reaction is what I would consider to be ballistic. Apparently though ballistic just means being a bit cross. So would you describe your reaction as ballistic or perhaps atomic?

Soldato
VIRII said:
Now this reaction is what I would consider to be ballistic. Apparently though ballistic just means being a bit cross. So would you describe your reaction as ballistic or perhaps atomic?

What the heck are you on about. Why do I need to describe my reaction? Maybe stick to the subject in hand.

Also why can't you seem to keep what you have to say in one post?

Permabanned
Tob3z said:
Well I never said they respect me. It's there choice. I said that I will give anyone the same respect they give me.

I'll give you an example. My Father is an old ex army officer, every inch the real deal. A few years back he visited me and we went ot the pub. As he walked in a group of 30 something builders at the bar straightened up, stood a little taller and addressed him as "Sir".
They instantly recognised something in my Father that deserved respect. He is a born leader of men, he is a much loved Officer amongst those who served with him. He has a certain something.

He is also a sharp man, very articulate and intelligent. He would probably size you up in seconds, he would know you for what you are and although he would not be rude to you or patronising as such you would not command the respect of a man like him just because you felt that you deserve it.

Some people simply get respect because of a certain something about them, to say "I'll only give an equal measure of respect to what I receive" is cobblers. Some people deserve enormous respect, some don't. You do deserve to be treated politely though but respect is a different thing.

Permabanned
Tob3z said:
What the heck are you on about. Why do I need to describe my reaction? Maybe stick to the subject in hand.

Also why can't you seem to keep what you have to say in one post?

This is how you think you command respect? I find your post rather disrespectful I haven't been disrespectful to you. I thought you showed the respect that you received. It seems that isn't quite true is it.

If you read the thread you'll see some people questioning a definition of ballistic, reading a thread always helps before commenting.
It was in a seperate post because it was a totally seperate issue, you would have known that if you had bothered to read the thread and digest it before going off on one.

Last edited:
Soldato
VIRII said:
It was in a seperate post because it was a totally seperate issue, you would have known that if you had bothered to read the thread and digest it before going off on one.

yeh I did I just didn't understand why you were aiming it towards me.

Permabanned
Tob3z said:
yeh I did I just didn't understand why you were aiming it towards me.

I wasn't aiming it at you as such. However I used your example of a reaction to highlight my understanding of the word "ballistic". I guess words change meaning quite a lot in short spaces of time especially coloquialisms like "ballistic".

Caporegime
Locrian said:
Have not read most of this thread, but I have absolutly no sympathy for the guy losing his xbox. To drive his dad to those lengths shows a total lack of respect.

What legnths? The father might have had mental problems for all you know and had a tendancy to do things like this over the slightest thing.

Soldato
if the father had brought it then he has every right to do what he did after all its his own money he's just thrown out the window. If the son had brought it then he was wrong. If it was me (i have 3 kids 2 which are teenagers) i would have simply taken the console when he wasn't about and hidden it untill the conflict was sorted. I have done this in the past with TV's, video's, toys, and it works wonders, you'd be surprised how quickly a teenager will agree to do what you want to do (after the sulks and moaning) when they cannot play with their fav gaget or watch TV in their bedroom., and if there still like it when they are old enough to leave, then they will be shown the door instead. My house my rules.

Last edited:
Soldato
At the end of the day, being a dad can be enough to send you nuts, but it depends how lmany warnings the dad had given, and warnings have to be carried through, its only a lump of plastic anyway, if the dad is bringing the kid up to behave better then fair enough, at least he didnt chuck the kid out of the window.

Kids have to be controlled somehow.

Back
Top Bottom