Macbook 12" - Anyone getting one?

JKD

JKD

Associate
I had a play on one at the airport recently too. I have to say, I really do love that keyboard. Seems a lot 'tighter' than the keyboard on my 2015 rMBP. I realise that there's a lot less key travel, but that means that the keyboard just feels a lot more solid to me.

I'm toying with the idea of getting one. Fanless in great, just the lack of even a single USB port is a real pain for me. We'll see (if I can resist the lure of the shiny)!

Associate
I had a play on one at the airport recently too. I have to say, I really do love that keyboard. Seems a lot 'tighter' than the keyboard on my 2015 rMBP. I realise that there's a lot less key travel, but that means that the keyboard just feels a lot more solid to me.

I'm toying with the idea of getting one. Fanless in great, just the lack of even a single USB port is a real pain for me. We'll see (if I can resist the lure of the shiny)!

I've not found the USB to be a hassle. i have the little cable if i really need to plug something into it, but at home i just jack any usb into the Airport Hub.

being able to get some charge out of USB sockets is a good thing as well. and i think this is the first laptop you can charge from battery pack?

the only thing that is bugging me at the moment is the display port output. USB C was supposed to support a HDMI breakout lead, but they seem to be having LOADS of issues with it. I'm in the process of waiting for something reliable to be released. :(

The keyboard os a work of art. really nice to type on. i can't go back to the old type now, the keys just feel like sloppy sponges.

all in all, a great package for what i need. :)

oh, and it's a damn sexy piece of tech :)

Soldato
I slated this when it came out, but having had a good a play with one it does seem like a neat little machine.

It seemed noticably smoother than my 2011 MBA, and was faster at applying stabilisation in Final Cut Pro until it got warm. After that is was a dog.

Permabanned
It really is a fantastic little computer and I take it everywhere. I am doing all my everyday tasks on it and with El Capitan it runs so much faster. I got an Apple USB-C to USB adapter just in case for £12.

Associate
Bought the fully body protection skin from BestSkinsEver, I didn't use the inside trackpad/handrest protection as just wanted something for the outer parts

IMG_0895_zpswjt2tkar.jpg

IMG_0931_zpsei80ixun.jpg

Associate
You can change the display resolution in the Display settings. Mine is custom set at 1680x1050, although small works fine for me.

1440x900 should be fine for anyone really.

@Golf1.6 have you seen it in real life??

Back
Top Bottom