MacBook Pro - Wireless Problem

Soldato
Hey folks,

I have had my MBP for a while now and i have never had a problem with it connecting to my wireless network at all, until yesterday. Yesterday i couldn't even get it to see my network, never mind connect to it. Oddly though, on some Network refreshes it would appear but then disappear. Whenever it did appear i couldn't get connected, it just times out constantly. Today is the same.

I haven't touched my router since the day i got it (few years ago), my iPhone, Xbox 360 and PS3 all connect fine.

Why would my MBP suddenly run in to problems? :confused:

Cheers :)

Soldato
My MB only works properly if my router is set to G - not B and G wireless. Worth checking? I don't know why it would suddenly change though.

Maybe change the wireless channel in case a neighbour recently got a wireless router?

Soldato
OP
My MB only works properly if my router is set to G - not B and G wireless. Worth checking? I don't know why it would suddenly change though.

Maybe change the wireless channel in case a neighbour recently got a wireless router?

A change of channel seems to have worked so far. To even talk to the router, had to turn Airport Off, unplug router, plug back in and switch on Airport. I can only assume the MBP is a bit fussier when it comes to channel frequency because as i said, everything else Wireless wise worked perfectly :confused:

Cheers :)

Soldato
As someone said previously, it's possibly a neighbour is using the same channel as your router which could cause it to conflict.

Back
Top Bottom