1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maccie D's for a quick and cheap meal

Discussion in 'La Cuisine' started by willhub, 2 Aug 2013.

1. willhub

Capodecina

I'm going to stick to Tesco Metro.

Breakfast: Spicy Chicken Pasta, Dinner: Spicy Chicken Pasta, Tea: Spicy Chicken Pasta

1.55 a go and they're quite filling and low on fat.

To drink: super fruiter smoothie.

2. Regy53

Mobster

I quite enjoy a macy d's every now and then to be honest. Although I have not had one in probably 6 months.

Big mac meal made large with a strawberry shake, sometimes I may have a cheeseburger as well. I do have guilt trips once I have finished knowing that its nearly 1800 calories but its more the saturated fat that drives me away as I have high cholesterol.

I live about 5 min walk to my local one and its on route when leaving my estate. I visit every morning for a coffee as I have about 200 stickers from ebay so get a very cheap coffee. If I am hungover I grab a mcmuffin which are epic lol

3. Liverpool-Lad

Wise Guy

Make your own?

4. Liverpool-Lad

Wise Guy

Havent had a McDonalds for a good year or so. Only when drunk.

5. Chicken #16

Wise Guy

I pop in for a £1 burger now and then, usually just before a few ales.

6. Sonea Fifer

Soldato

Have to admit I'm not a huge Maccy D's fan. Though I was dragged in there last week, early in the morning for a bacon buttie and a cuppa. . . . . . . .

They do a reasonable cup of tea :(

7. Energize

Caporegime

I think the amount of carbohydrate poses more of a concern than harmless unsaturated fat.

Why the hell is a McDonalds thread in the La Cuisine section? The mods must be really desperate to get people to post in this dead zone...

8. willhub

Capodecina

But carbs are good no especially considering I do lots of cycling.

9. Mark A

Capodecina

Poor name for the sub forum imo and probably one reason why its dead in here most of the time. Food threads in GD were great.

10. Judgeneo

Capodecina

Student card free mcflurry makes it much better value.

If I have a little more time I prefer stuff like the west cornwal pasty co. though

11. XeNoN89

Sgarrista

I rarely go to Mcdonalds but when i do i normally end up with a big mac meal and two other burgers because just a meal doesn't even get close to filling me up.

12. randal

Capodecina

Maccy's has been dead to me in the UK since they canned mild mustard sauce.

Burger King just gives me heartburn.

The people serving in our local KFC make me feel uncomfortable, and the thought of them touching my good makes me lose my appetite.

Subway, probably the pick of the bunch but even that has lost it's appeal now.

Fortunately there's a Nandos and a Wagamama on every corner now, so that's something.

I'm getting old. Bah. It'll be a tuna sandwich and a cup of tea in BHS before I know it.

13. cotton_flex

Hitman

If I want a cheap meal, the local kebab/chicken/burger places are much better. Can have a more filling meal for around £3.50

14. easyrider

Caporegime

On the go today... Big Mac hit the spot on a 500 mile drive..... At least with a mc D consistency is there.... Drive in