Madeleine McCann investigation 'cost £10 million to date'

Caporegime
What sort of message you do send to child abductors though, if you stop investigating when it's deemed too expensive? The business case for this is making it clear to all the weirdos that we won't give up and you won't get away with it.

And the police have a separate budget to the NHS so all this 'we could have bought 4 MRI scanners' etc. isn't relevant.

A message that stops being relevant years later.

And to argue for the monies usage, if the McCanns cared enough they'd fund it themselves alongside an equipartition of funds from the police... not total bloody focus.

Last edited:
A message that stops being relevant years later.

And to argue for the monies usage, if the McCanns cared enough they'd fund it themselves alongside an equipartion of funds from the police... not total bloody focus.

Indeed. Have said before and will say again - the parents did it. They also had to cheek to turn Maddie into a cash cow by raising funds with their 'version' of what happened. They have blood on their hands.

Soldato
Yeah, very dodgy. I can't speak for anyone else here, but if the the fridge/freezer in my holiday apartment broke then my initial thought would not be about lugging it to a local dump and then replacing it out of my own pocket. It would be about getting straight on the phone and contacting the complex's management.

Yes exactly. Wouldn't even cross my mind that it was my responsibility to take care of.

He didn't really take a fridge to the local dump after she went missing did he?
While still in Portugal?

I remember reading about it years ago, but like most things written about them... Who knows.

Also washing the child's toy seems a bit weird... Could have been some useful evidence on that.

Soldato
Given that the disappearance occurred in a 'modern civilized' country is the cost proportionate compared other cases eg Timmy MacColl

I have always wondered if this was a child off some council estate whether a fraction of this money would have been spent on the investigation. One also wonders if the press would have been so sympathetic to the parents of a child from a council estate.

Permabanned
What is 85k going to do when nothing was achieved with 10 million?

Boggles the mind.

And that freezer thing takes the cake. Is that legit? Whether it's busted not, unless you own it you have no business dumping it at a landfill or whatever.

Caporegime
Exactly. Those sites are always the same tinfoil hat nutters who have an ace to grind for whatever reason. If it really was the case I'm pretty sure it'd be common knowledge rather than on some random dude's blog whose word we must just take because.

Caporegime
Yeah... I don't believe the fridge story. A quick read on this and some people are suggesting that Gerry took the thin metal from the inside of the fridge to wrap the body in and that's why he had to get rid of the fridge.

http://3as.madeleinemccann.org/view...dge+dump&sid=1dbdfb8753155b0006d8401ec8f37705

Who the hell blogs about a busted fridge anyway? This whole story is diluted with so much conspiracy and nonsense that we'll never find out.

Soldato
How is the blood and fridge stuff just put to one side? I don't get it.

The fact that they abandoned her has just been put to one side lol. They just seem to be externalising the issue on an assumption that a child abductor MAY exist.

This whole story is diluted with so much conspiracy and nonsense that we'll never find out.

The idea that someone else took her is the theory. She could've jumped out the window to escape her evil parents for all we know. The fact is they abandoned their children in favour of "friends" and gluttony lol. There's a reason it's a deadly sin.

And I just heard they took some FREE bottles of wine for their mates AFTER she went missing. This story just gets more and more bizarre.

These guys are absolutely twisted beyond belief. First they abandon their kids to go partying with "mates". Then when they get offered free booze they take bottles for said "mates". What is wrong with these idiots. It beggars belief.

As I said earlier, If I had very young children, and some "friend" wanted to go out to get drunk, I would wonder if this "friend", who is inviting BOTH my children's parents to go partying, was for real. But what do these idiots do? Get them bottles of wine hahahaha. :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Someone should make a McCann's Bingo card for every time this thread is revived, here's some of my suggestions:

- They did it
- They deserved it
- Child Neglect
- What would have happened if they were council estate parents
- Fridge Freezer
- Cash Cow
- Portuguese Police know the truth
- DNA in back of rental car

Back
Top Bottom