Madeleine McCann investigation 'cost £10 million to date'

Caporegime
The trouble is whether something is obvious or not hard evidence is needed. This case lacks any of that. There's just a shed load of circumstantial and he said she said.
Exactly. So there's not enough to convict. So as far as any legal process can conclude they are not guilty. Anything else is speculation and - ultimately - worth no more than idle gossip.

Soldato
Exactly. So there's not enough to convict. So as far as any legal process can conclude they are not guilty. Anything else is speculation and - ultimately - worth no more than idle gossip.

You're a little naive. A lot of criminals get away in court due to lack of evidence. I know first hand cases myself. Doesn't mean they're innocent nor that they didn't do anything wrong lol.

What they did wrong was child abandonment. It should be illegal and they should be to blame. End of story and £10 million saved.

Too many crap parents these days with more interest in their "mates" than the welfare of their children.

Caporegime
You're a little naive. A lot of criminals get away in court due to lack of evidence. I know first hand cases myself. Doesn't mean they're innocent nor that they didn't do anything wrong lol.

What they did wrong was child abandonment. It should be illegal and they should be to blame. End of story and £10 million saved.

Too many crap parents these days with more interest in their "mates" than the welfare of their children.
Can you read? I said they're "not guilty", not that they're innocent. As far as any legal proceedings go they're basically not guilty, but even that's a stretch as no one has even seen fit to put them on trial due to the lack of compelling evidence. And no, what you think is compelling may not be seen as such by those whose opinion of such things actually matters.

Soldato
Can you read? I said they're "not guilty", not that they're innocent. As far as any legal proceedings go they're basically not guilty, but even that's a stretch as no one has even seen fit to put them on trial due to the lack of compelling evidence. And no, what you think is compelling may not be seen as such by those whose opinion of such things actually matters.

I didn't say you said they're innocent. I'm just saying lack of evidence of them actually killing her does not mean that they're innocent of child abandonment.

What I'm saying is we should simply focus on the FACTS. Why are we so preoccupied with supporting their frankly diabolical externalisation of their locus of control and trying to find some invisible man, when the facts are already there?

The fact is that they abandoned their children. It's happened, you don't need evidence because it's the simple reality of the situation.

Soldato
Then why aren't being convicted of that then?

Not a ****ing clue. :( No one willing to prosecute. Maddie doesn't have a massive legal team or "mates" does she.

It saddens me that no one sees it from the child's perspective, only her gluttonous parents perspective. If I was her I'd want to see my parents burn in hell for putting "mates" and partying above me. The issue of there being a potential abductor is a separate issue.

Last edited:
Associate
Then why aren't being convicted of that then?

Because they where never prosecuted, as it was deemed not in the public interest by the CPS.

I just want to know for sure as I'm sure this is confirmed. The sniffer dogs found blood in the room and in the car. That's correct right?

Has that blood been shown to be Madeline's? If so, how is that evidence not valid?

Yes it was shown to be hers. These dogs are trained to find bodies and or traces and that's what they found.

Caporegime
Because they where never prosecuted, as it was deemed not in the public interest by the CPS.

Well there you go. Seems a fair assessment.

jjwf said:
Yes it was shown to be hers. These dogs are trained to find bodies and or traces and that's what they found.

Shown by what means? Do you mean to say they tested the DNA once the dogs had found it? Only I doubt a dog finding blood can be given as any sort of evidence that the blood belongs to any particular person.

Associate
Well there you go. Seems a fair assessment.

Shown by what means? Do you mean to say they tested the DNA once the dogs had found it? Only I doubt a dog finding blood can be given as any sort of evidence that the blood belongs to any particular person.

I didn't say it was a fair assessment I told you why they weren't prosecuted when in fact they should have been for wilful neglect.

These dogs are trained to find the body or traces of a body of one person at a time, so if they're looking for traces of one person and find a hit its highly probable its them. Yes, the DNA was tested and found to be hers, DNA was also found on at least one other thing.

Caporegime
I didn't say it was a fair assessment I told you why they weren't prosecuted when in fact they should have been for wilful neglect.

And yet the cps decided not to prosecute.

jwff said:
These dogs are trained to find the body or traces of a body of one person at a time, so if they're looking for traces of one person and find a hit its highly probable its them. Yes, the DNA was tested and found to be hers, DNA was also found on at least one other thing.
I doubt very much that DNA dogs would stand up in court, but actual DNA testing is obviously another matter

Associate
And yet the cps decided not to prosecute.

I doubt very much that DNA dogs would stand up in court, but actual DNA testing is obviously another matter

Wrong decision by the CPS, but it came from the very top.

Actually the DNA evidence can be used in a court to prove that there was a body there. But as the evidence was lacking in others area's due to what ever reason nobody would prosecute unless there is a good chance to get a conviction.

Caporegime
I'm not a expert at all, but I'll put money on the fact they don't train the dogs to sniff out cuts and grazes... Surely they'd train them to smell for the gases and whatever else a corpse gives off.
Given that spilled blood will itself decay I'd say that there's not much distinction to be made there. Besides, a dog can find a live person, so without knowing exactly what the chain of events was it's entirely possible the dog determined madeleine - live or dead - had been in the car and then further investigation by humans turned up the blood in the boot.

Back
Top Bottom