Mafia Trilogy - announcement on 19th May

Soldato
Just had a look on Microsoft store to potentially purchase the Trilogy for Xbox,Says "Mafia: Trilogy is currently not available."..thought it was out today? don't tell me they ran out of keys already :D

Soldato
I never did get why people struggled with that race on the PC - it was easily done; though I remember them patching the game to skip it :confused:

Anyway, it's still just as easy on this remaster - even on hard with the so-called simulation driving. Might pinch a bike and head back there :D

Soldato
Loving it so far - many happy childhood memories of playing Tony Hawks 2 and then Mafia - so this years releases have been great

A few little graphical artefacts, but other than that its been great.

My biggest disappointments so far

1. They've moved Salerei's bar, ever so slightly, so I keep driving the wrong way to the bridge
2. The original musical score is not present, other than the initial theme tune

Half way through the base storyline as it stands

Soldato
Completed the game this afternoon, a pretty solid remake loved it all the way through, I do feel you cannot beat the original though.

Would give this a good 8/10, the characters, sounds and atmosphere were fantastic, and was nice to see it have a graphics upgrade, voice acting was good in some parts - The only thing I didn't really like was the combat, guns felt really meh and the melee was abit rubbish too (dumbed down i guess you could say)

I don't remember any new missions though? I thought there was going to be some new ones, maybe the saint and sinner was?

JKD

JKD

Associate
Stupid question as I’m new to Mafia: there appears to be a number of instances of Mafia on the Xbox store. Definitive, part 1.2 etc. Which is the correct edition I need to buy to get the proper, full monty edition of the 2020 remake? Am I missing out if I just buy the definitive edition?

Soldato
I picked it up yesterday. Amazon had the trilogy for £25, first time in a long time i've bought a physical game.

That intro was lovely and really sucked me in. I'm a little disappointed that the controls haven't been modernised and it feels very clunky, but i suppose that adds to the charm.

Soldato
Well i'm a knob!

I thought i'd bought the Trilogy, but turns out i just bought the "Definitive" edition. Now to decide whether to buy the second one. I'm not bothered about the third as wasn't long since i played that anyway.
The 2nd one is just a HD refresh, as opposed to a remake, apparently it was very buggy on release - I'd steer clear

Back
Top Bottom