Mafia Trilogy Remaster

Soldato
This is coming out soon!

Check out the screenshots on the Microsoft Store of Mafia 1 Remake. If you're familiar with the game (and I'm the world's biggest Mafia fan) then you'll know this is lightyears better than the original!

Although it looks like a couple of shots are of Vito, so perhaps they're all being redone in one engine?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/mafia-definitive-edition/9nzc09nnr93l

I'm so excited!

Soldato
These screenshots look absolutely amazing, Mafia 1 was one of my fav games and still is can't wait for this!

Not finished 3 but heard it's somewhat decent now with the patches.

Soldato
Wait, so is it confirmed 1 is getting an overhaul or is it just a resolution bump with some graphical updates?

If the former, then this is like best news ever. One of the best games of all time, IMO.

Soldato
Wicked news! The screenshots look awesome! Looking forward to playing Mafia 1 again, but also looking forward to completing Mafia 2! I got 3/4s of the way through it and I hit an un-passable bug that stopped me from finishing a mission!

Soldato
OP
Hopefully they make the racing mission a bit harder in the first game.....

It's actually quite enjoyable after patch 1.3 as you can set a difficulty mode and damage on/off. I'd even say it was enjoyable when using a 360/X1 controller as the game supports analogue acceleration/brake and steering.

I'm really hoping they retain the tricky handling (they are 1930s cars after all) as it took a bit of nuance and finesse to get the best out of the vehicles.

Associate
It looks like mafia 1 running on mafia 2/3 engine. Mafia 1 and 2 are my favourite games I've played. I literally can't wait for these. I am currently playing through mafia 1 at the moment. Still holds up well to this day.

Associate
That's my worry. Like any good blockbuster series, the quality deteriorates during later installments.

I keep meaning to pick up the original disk version of Mafia 1 with maps. Own the GOG versions only missing the soundtrack due to licensing, albeit restored through community patches.

Definitely will be one to watch.

Soldato
OP
That's my worry. Like any good blockbuster series, the quality deteriorates during later installments.

I keep meaning to pick up the original disk version of Mafia 1 with maps. Own the GOG versions only missing the soundtrack due to licensing, albeit restored through community patches.

Definitely will be one to watch.

I have the Cd release and it has a great newspaper style manual which is enjoyable to read as well as a giant map!

Soldato
No mention of a pc release though which is a bit worrying. Hope its not a exclusive to the new xbox coming out. Heaven forbid a epic exclusive either if it was coming to pc.

Also if it comes on steam does that mean we have to rebuy the same game even tho its a remake or remaster its still the same games just a bit of a update in visuals probably. I know some will be ok with it but what uf you feel like well they had my money for this so why should i need to give them more for the same product/story etc.

Some games on steam when they have had a remaster type job have been replaced for free to the ones who bought the originals, so wondering if its gona be like that. Probs not but just wondering tbh.

Like how skyrim special edition was given free if you already owned it.

Last edited:
Associate
I have the Cd release and it has a great newspaper style manual which is enjoyable to read as well as a giant map!

I haven't looked for a while as a decent used condition version usually goes for 10 quid, keep meaning to buy but then go and splurge on another EA Classic for a couple of quid. :o

Retro disk backlog is accumulating in the same manner Steam/GOG; yet another game I'll never play. Dammit. :D

Back
Top Bottom