Mafia Trilogy Remaster

Soldato
OP
Finally got a gameplay trailer

It's gunplay straight from Mafia 3 - not terrible - but goes for the cover based shooting gallery approach.
The gunplay goes for quantity over quality (by which I mean the original had fewer AI enemies but they could wreck you in a few hits whereas this has dozens of enemies to kill in each gallery)
The city and cars still look ace
The voice actors and their new lines sound dreadful
The voice over said they've tried to make it "more apparent" that Salieri is in conflict with Morello and that Salieri underdog. I read that as "it will be a lot less subtle and nuanced". It was pretty obvious in the original that that was what was happening!?
Zero gameplay driving is shown, which is still my biggest worry that it will be like Mafia 3!

i really do hate the hand holding they now have in modern games. watching the above video you have the game pointing exactly where to go next, saying "ignore everything around you that we've created and just run straight to this truck to investigate it"

Man of Honour
i really do hate the hand holding they now have in modern games. watching the above video you have the game pointing exactly where to go next, saying "ignore everything around you that we've created and just run straight to this truck to investigate it"

It needs a balance to it. So many games go the other way though now :(

Have to say from the DF video it looks like they've put some effort into it - provisionally it has my interest.

EDIT: While understandable as it looks like they are pushing the boat out on some current rendering techniques which unfortunately make it difficult to support ray tracing side by side without significant effort maintaining separate branches of the game it is a shame it doesn't have ray tracing from the ground up as it would have been a good candidate.

Soldato
Gameplay trailer looked good, the only thing that was a bit off came from the voice acting. I guess it wasn't possible to still have the original crew, at least Tommy.

Associate
Decided to throw caution to the wind and throw in a preorder for mafia remastered, absolutely loved the first one and the latest videos look good (not amazing) for remaster.

Associate
It got delayed until September 25th. They completely abandoned the mafia 2 definitive edition and would have been better off not releasing it. It has taken the hype away from this. I will wait until after release and a price drop.

Back
Top Bottom