Magicka - Diablo Style Coop Mage Action

Associate
Change log for patch #3 has been posted. The patch has been submitted to steam and so will be updating soon I hope.

Magicka Devs said:
Patch delivered to steam! Waiting for them to push button.

Changelog for Patch #3 - January 27th

Fixed issues/bugs
-UPnP will no longer crash the game.
-Lack of playable avatar will no longer crash the game.
-Improved reports on disconnect and connection failed.
-Game crash on startup due to old gamer with long name fixed.
-Game terminates properly on crash.
-Save data wipe bug on multiplayer disconnect fixed.
-Boss crashes in Chapter 6 and 12 fixed.
-Servers limited to 4 simultaneous steam users.
-Players that have not selected a slot when the game starts is kicked.
-Server browser no longer displays games of a different version.
-Version miss match check.
-No longer possible to bounce between islands in Chapter 6
-Fixed interrupted dialog from Vlad in Chapter 6.
-Fixed trigger sequence in Chapter 9.
-Chapter 12 boss damage texture added.
-Fixed a bug where a client was locked in an animation.
-Delayed message from steam no longer forces player into game.
-Challenges are now playable using the French version

New features/balancing
-Added version number in menu.
-Added server password. (player requested feature)
-Default undie-time changed to 0.5s (Staff of the Dead)

Known Issues
-Beam spells merging sometimes crashes game with stack overflow (for real)
-Chat still awkwardly positioned.
-Self-shields sometimes get out of sync
-Players are still able to have multiple summons
-Server list sorting not implemented
-Network congestion on high ping (>400ms) connections still problematic.
-Game stutters slightly on some systems despite good performance (cause -known, fix pending)
-Steam attempts to install XNA framework every time game is launched or rare occasion
-Game sometimes hogs uplink bandwidth - (Being researched)

I think the man bugs holding multiplayer back are the out of sync stuff, as long as they can get that fixed it should be good.

Associate
I was so eager for this game as with many others.....

For the first time in a long time the wait was worth it! This game hits every nail square on the head. Sure it has some minor bugs but they are patching!

Soldato
For the first time in a long time the wait was worth it! This game hits every nail square on the head. Sure it has some minor bugs but they are patching!

I love the game, so frustrating on your own tho, when you get cornered and frantically smashing the buttons to try and get everything off you lol.

KaHn

Soldato
Think I'll wait for this on special, should be less buggy by then. Funny stuff for the Steam trailer though, the original Youtube video cracked me up too :D

Soldato
Think I'll wait for this on special, should be less buggy by then. Funny stuff for the Steam trailer though, the original Youtube video cracked me up too :D

The thing is the bugs listed (and annoying forum members) are all multiplayer ones, the single player version is still very good.

KaHn

Caporegime
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/...rs-what-went-wrong-how-its-fixing-magicka.ars
Ars Technica has thoughts from Paradox about the launch of Magicka, and the bugs that have inspired a couple of patches, apologies, and some free DLC for the action/adventure game from Arrowhead Studios. "We ran the game through two rounds of external QA, one of them dedicated to co-op multiplayer, including hot seat, LAN, and over the Internet. We got a lot of good feedback from the QA team on all forms of co-op," Paradox CEO Fredrik Wester told Ars. "I want to make it perfectly clear: it's obvious not enough was done to fix the online multiplayer part, as it turns out." Wester describes the perils of working with less experienced developers as a tradeoff for the fresh ideas they have, and admits that they would handle this release differently if they had it to do over again: "With that advance knowledge, we would have held the release a few weeks to test and fix the connectivity under more realistic circumstances to avoid the situation where people cannot connect properly to games online, instead of being limited to hot seat and LAN to enjoy Magicka."

Soldato
Just got this for £6 on D2D, had to use the US site with the promo-code "wetkitty", but it saved me £2 from steam, and since it's steam works, there's no loss.

Associate
managed to get this working, had to install one of the files in the Magicka demo folder which no1 mentions anywhere needs installing. now loads without a problem so bought the game after having a bash @ the demo.

it aint easy not dying lol

Back
Top Bottom