Magicka - Diablo Style Coop Mage Action

Soldato
It's because there's a massive amount of bandwidth needed to play which causes there to be issues with MP, not only that, performance issues with top end systems.

I read for 2 player co-op on borderlands you need something like 106kbit/s upload stream, but for Magicka it's like around 450kbit/s! That's only for 2 players. There's something very wrong with their netcode.

Associate
SOO MANY BUGS!
AND SO MUCH LAG!

I've pretty much HAD to play it solo as the lag is ridiculous. But the fact that my game has closed randomly when I'm on chpter-ending bosses is rather infuriating.

Other than the plethora of faults, I think this game is BRILLIANT. I'd highly recommend it.... and I haven't even played it with more than two people at once yet!

It'd be ncie to see some dedi-servers but I know that's just REALLY wishful thinking : /

Soldato
Had a hoot on this, this evening with a mate. We can't get past Stage 8 of the Challenges though before it crashes or loses sync, which is a shame. Will give it a rest until the netcode is sorted, I think!

Soldato
Seems to be having real issues with my Router/Firewall but single player is awesome :)

Shouldn't be too much lag between me and Hedge as the distance is relatively close and I have an 18meg line so upload at around 120kB/s (going by the upload speed from the guy above).

Love the single player side of it tho, stuck on KHAN :( git keeps on bashing me into a corner and I can't get out of it :(

KaHn

Permabanned
Wow, I decided to go ahead and buy this yesterday, and I cant believe how amazing it is!

I have a few questiones though:

1) Where are the early order bonus items?
2) Is it possible to click once and run to where you clicked? Keeping hold of the mouse button is annoying
3) Can AA be enabled somehow? I try forcing AA through the drivers but it wont work.

Permabanned
Well, I have the meteor shower spell from the preorder stuff, but I cant figure out what the middle icon is meant to be, and I cant find the staff / sword and hat :(

Lol, heal + shield spam on NPCs is super fun, they go boom and get healed =D

Achievement unlocked - Killing your friends, youre doing it wrong lol!

Last edited:
Associate
Well, I have the meteor shower spell from the preorder stuff, but I cant figure out what the middle icon is meant to be, and I cant find the staff / sword and hat :(

Got the meteor storm book, too, and, likewise, can't find the other stuff.

Anyway, the middle icon is for steam... so the whole spell is F D F Q D F <space>... but get a heal ready :)

Permabanned
In on the first level outside, theres a spellbook at the top of the twin tower thing, but I have no clue how to get it. I froze the water and got across the river to find the dead cheese guy and a useless grease spell, but I have no idea how to get to the top of the tower.

Associate
Caporegime
Updates to Magicka have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted.

Fixes
Fixed save games disappearing when disconnecting from online game. (For real this time)
Fixed crash for alternative character models appearing in cutscenes. (Chapter 7, Chapter 12).
Fixed crash caused by conjuring large quantities of elements.
Fixed crash due to beams merging.
Fixed crash where Chapter 11 boss collided with shield.
Fixed crash where Clients and servers would send old messages when reconnecting.
Fixed high-end machine jitter.
Improved network batching. (should result in serious network performance increase).
Improved startup routine to prevent threading problems.
Improved authentification on connect. (should result in fewer auth-failed)
Fixed a missing file that resulted in french text not appearing correctly.
Fixed immovable objects jittering.
Fixed issue where characters would get stuck during cutscenes.
Fixed issue where scripted player movement would remain after a cutscene.
Fixed missing boss titles.
Steam join through overlay fixed.
Fixed Chapter 1 collision. (behind door)
Fixed Chapter 3 collision. (you can now fall down the well)
Fixed Chapter 7 cutscene lockups and other issues.
Fixed Chapter 8 cutscene lockup.
Fixed Chapter 8 navigation fixed.
Fixed Chapter 9 cutscene lockups.
Fixed Chapter 11 teleport issue.
Fixed Chapter 12 cutscene lockup.
Conflagration is now properly synced over network.

Features/Balance
Chapter 3 now has proper pirates by the picnic.
Chapter 8 now has manual exit at the end of level.
Fire Damage increased from 40 to 60.
Spawned summons now capped at 16 per player.
Goblin Pirate damage reduced from 155 to 72.
Added server list filter option for “Password”.
Removed obsolete port option of game hosting (always hosted on 27016 anyways).
Server list sorting added (click the header).

Soldato
In on the first level outside, theres a spellbook at the top of the twin tower thing, but I have no clue how to get it. I froze the water and got across the river to find the dead cheese guy and a useless grease spell, but I have no idea how to get to the top of the tower.

Ditto, couldn't figure that one out either. When you click on the guys body, it points up to the trapdoor...wondered whether you got back there at a later level...

Back
Top Bottom