Main dealer damage my car help

Associate
Few weeks back now I noticed the paint had chiped off around the door handle of my car (4yr old Hyundai i20) so I booked it in to be looked at. Anyway it went in last Monday and they would have it a week as it needed to go over to there other garage for the bodyshop, so I got it back this Monday late on when it was dark which I wasn't happy about but I took a torch to check it over an the door is fine, the service girl did say have a proper look in the morning and if you not happy bring it back.

So I was having a look around the car in the morning and went to get something out of the passenger glove box and found these on the seat

images upload

images upload

upload image online free

and some sort of dust powder on the rear seat head rest
images upload

Rang them straight away and she asked if I could email them some pictures which I said no I'm coming straight down, Anyway she took the pictures and said she will email them to the bodyshop and investigate now this was Tuesday and ive not heard a peep from them. Ive got the feeling they will say ive done it, I thought I will give them till Tuesday and have to phone but what are my options? these stains were 100% not there when it went in so they must have don't it but its my word against theres?

Thanks

Soldato
Have you tried just cleaning the seat or has it actually discoloured the seat?
Given you now have photos and they've seen it first hand I'd be tempted to at least dry a damp cloth with some soapy water to see if the problem goes away.

If it's like most dealerships their "other garage's body shop" usually means a paint shop on an industrial estate they use to keep their costs down.

Associate
OP
The other garage is another main dealer, infact its where I bought the car from but I kept having problems with them I now take it to this other branch. I didn't want to try to clean it myself "yet" in case I made it worse and I wanted to see what they would do about it. I really don't see why I should anyway when its them that did it :) but the point is I don't seem to be getting anywhere it doesn't take 4 days to get back to me does it? I have a feeling when I ring them they will not do anything and I'm not very good in these situations so I don't know what my options are?

Soldato
Problem is you drove it away so they can shrug it off as not their fault :/

Should always check the car over before leaving the garage.

Soldato
They look like solvent stains, as if someone got a bit of paint or grease on the fabric and tried to use brake cleaner to get it off.

Soldato
They look like solvent stains, as if someone got a bit of paint or grease on the fabric and tried to use brake cleaner to get it off.

I've also seen similar from just a grubby seat having a drink spilled on it.

Either way I'd be trying to clean it myself first as it'd be far less effort than having to take it back to a main dealer and leave it with them.

Soldato
I've also seen similar from just a grubby seat having a drink spilled on it.

Either way I'd be trying to clean it myself first as it'd be far less effort than having to take it back to a main dealer and leave it with them.

Mine has similar stains from spilling water on them, a valet will fix them I am guessing.

Soldato
Personally, I'd be taking it back to the Main Dealer to sort. You don't pay ~£70 an hour labour for stuff like that to happen and be cleaning it yourself. Will also get a full valet I expect.

Associate
OP
I will be ringing them Monday to see what's going on, if they try to fob me off with "non of guys have done it" line should I then ask to see the manager? Or just put it down to experience and try and clean it myself, I know its only a minor thing but its the principal of the matter at the end of the day I don't expect to have my car damaged in there care.

The car will need to go back to them soon for a new drivers seat aswell as the foam has broken, I have a good mind to do something to there hire car. :eek:

Cheers for the input guys

Back
Top Bottom