Make the missus happy with £3k

Man of Honour
Are they STILL selling Picassos new?!?!

If scrappage keeps getting extended I wonder if you'll be able to trade in a Picasso under scrappage for exactly the same car new :D

Soldato
My girlfriend just bought a clio (despite my recommendations and comments on french cars) on the basis that it:

1. Is nicer to drive than a fiesta (she hasn't driven one) and is more badass
2. Looks cute
3. Goes reeaaallllllyyy fast (1.4)

What can you do?

Soldato
[TW]Fox;15031492 said:

If scrappage keeps getting extended I wonder if you'll be able to trade in a Picasso under scrappage for exactly the same car new :D

I think there's a new one now...

I'm sure I drove past something that wasn't Picasso shaped that had Picasso on the back...

EDIT: It seems there are four different Citroen Picassos...

Last edited:
Soldato
[TW]Fox;15031492 said:

It's a Xsara Picasso and the cost of change was about £8k. Now correct me if I'm wrong but couldn't he have got a perfectly good 2 year old 2l Mondeo for the same money (£8k plus what about £500 for a knackered Bravo)?

Thing is, it has been handy in the past couple of months for moving the gf's stuff into the new flat we're renting but it can't hold a huuuge amount more than a mondeo and the mondeo would be much better for the rest of the time he needs it for.

Man of Honour
brought a 1997 silver z3 and she loves it has been looked after and is fairly practical for a convertible ( we did look at pumas and mx 5's as well )

I don't think someone who can barely handle a KA should get a Z3 somehow.

(btw where did you bring it to?)

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;15031593 said:

:eek: Just to clarify, I never meant that this Picasso was alright... It was the new funky shaped one.

Anyway, the good news.

She'e decided on a Ford Fiesta (newer shape). So Im looking at the 1.25 or 1.4 Zetec's.

A quick question though, her suspesion is knocking again at the front, does this need to be fixed before handing over for a part ex?

Caporegime
My girlfriend just bought a clio (despite my recommendations and comments on french cars) on the basis that it:

1. Is nicer to drive than a fiesta (she hasn't driven one) and is more badass
2. Looks cute
3. Goes reeaaallllllyyy fast (1.4)

What can you do?

Did she like the QS? should have said it's worse than that and the Fiesta is superior

Man of Honour
Helping your girlfriend chose a car is like taking the controls of a doomed airliner.

It is going to crash - hard - but with your help, it can crash in a field not on a city.

Back
Top Bottom