Make the missus happy with £3k

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;15035801 said:
Helping your girlfriend chose a car is like taking the controls of a doomed airliner.

It is going to crash - hard - but with your help, it can crash in a field not on a city.

:D Its actually going suprising well... her words.. "Tom, you just choose me one, you know more than me, I like black and silver though" RESULT! :p

Nope.

They might knock down your part-ex if they notice though.

Ok cheers, will get a price for fixing it :)

I've seen this... http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...age/8&anchor=advert200940342995316&logcode=p#

Now the cost of changing is going to be not a penny over £2500. She has a Ford Ka, 52 plate, with 60k miles. I guess its worth around £1200 realistically.

Ideally I'd like her to be left with a couple hundred from her £2500, is that realistic or hopeful?

I know its not ideal buying trade, but I'd honestly feel guilty selling this car to someone and taking there cash. Its not a heap by any means, but doesnt have much luck when it comes to things going wrong with it. So a private sale is a definate no.

Man of Honour
Simple remove one of the doors on the 740i and not only is it a 3 door car but you also have a useful source of additional ventilation into the cabin.

Caporegime
ooops sorry, seems I did, what's the reason?

Did I forget to mention her complete irrational hatred for anything with more than 3 doors?

Offers no performance advantage over the 1.25 engine and is not a particularly strong engine. If that car has no record of regular oil changes, I'd just walk away.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom