1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making money on ebay.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tang0, 28 Feb 2006.

1. tang0

Mobster

I was just thinking ...

People sell document files on ebay such as, How to get rich quick ! or things like WoW power levelling guides/cheats, now whats to say i bought 1 of these of someone, then sold them on myself.

Is there anything wrong with that .. ?

2. zain

Mobster

If you could make millions in a day why would you sell it to someone for £1 lol

3. tang0

Mobster

Im not talking millions am i rofl.

Im just on about odd couple hundred a month or something, i see people selling guides n stuff for 4-5 quid each at 40 at a time..

4. SourChipmunk

Sgarrista

Sure, buy one up. Then read the legal disclaimer that is only in the document you just purchased saying it cannot be re-sold. ;)

5. gib786

Banned

Ive done this, made a bit selling a gt4 guide, which was on several forums, without any copyright notices etc so i just turned it into a pdf and sold it for £3.50 a pop, sold quite a lot, you can make cash if you sell the right product, just look around for something thats not being sold which you can create or acquire easily

6. tang0

Mobster

Yes thats what ive been thinking of doing, WoW is the in thing atm, theres nothing stopping me from circulating some guides some random has made up in notepad surely, or off some forum.

And i can't seeing all of those guides and stuff on there being all different.

Last edited: 28 Feb 2006
  7. gib786

Banned

Go for it, just clean the guides up and make em look nice, turn em into pdf's using free software and list em up

8. zain

Mobster

the millions was just a far fetched example, im just telling you that these success books are bull most of the time

9. Sequoia

Wise Guy

It doesn't need a copyright notice. ANY original work is automatically protected, with or without a notice saying so.

10. gib786

Banned

meh, too late now

11. tang0

Mobster

Yes they are bull indeed, but people still buy them.

whats too late gib?

12. tang0

Mobster

you just reword it

13. gib786

Banned

what sequoia said re copyright, too late for me as i sold the guide ages back, dont even that ebay account anymore

14. Sequoia

Wise Guy

That won't necessarily help you. It isn't just the form of words that is protected, but the content. Minor changes won't avoid you getting sued, or prevent you losing if you do. If you want proof of that, you have to look no further than the current court battle over Dan Brown's Da Vinci code, where it's alleged he nicked the basic ideas.

It might make proving it harder, and over something like this, it may not be financially justified to sue anyway ..... but not everybody does it for the money. You'd still be taking a chance, even if it's a small one.