Making my PC RTX 3K Ready

Soldato
So my 650W evga PSU is borderline ok according to power consumption calculator, however overclocking a 3080 and nonono.

I'm ideally looking around 50 to 80 quid for a PSU, I don't want to cheap out I'd be hoping for a PSU in this range, need some good advice and recommendations.

Soldato
Not much of good PSUs in that price level...
Anyway if you can afford still expensive and very power hungry card, you should be able to afford proper PSU.

Soldato
OP
Okay but that doesn't seem to give any suggestions, even in the range of capable PSUs there is going to be a low end price as well as upper. So realistically I'm looking for a perfectly capable PSU at a reasonable price. That's not asking for cheap and unreliable.

Associate
So my 650W evga PSU is borderline ok according to power consumption calculator, however overclocking a 3080 and nonono.

I'm ideally looking around 50 to 80 quid for a PSU, I don't want to cheap out I'd be hoping for a PSU in this range, need some good advice and recommendations.
If you're going to spend that much on a GPU, you should at least double your PSU budget. The one linked above has good reviews (Super Flower Leadex III) so that's worth going for.

Soldato
OP
I'm not going to risk my PC, I just thought 80 quid would have been realistic, last time I built a PC you could get a high end PSU for 80 quid.

I'll probably go for the 850 version of the above.

Associate
I'm not going to risk my PC, I just thought 80 quid would have been realistic, last time I built a PC you could get a high end PSU for 80 quid.

My 650W G2 cost me £80 3.5 years ago. ~£100 seems reasonable for a 750W+ unit.

Permabanned

Yup £113 is reasonable. I paid £136 in my last build for the AX860i and thats about right i would say. Under £100 no over £150 no i think in between is where the hard thought and research goes.

Back
Top Bottom