Making my speakers smart

Associate
I have the Corsair SP2500 speakers connected to my PC through an Asus Xonar Essence STX Soundcard and I love listening to music at night

It's great using spotify because I can control everything through my phone. I am however getting concerned about energy usage of having my whole rig turned on just to listen to music.

Is there anyway I can connect it to Alexa or something so I can get spotify to play it directly? Is it worthwhile (I have a Ryzen 3600 and I'm sure my PC draws in something like 100w at idle because it is not significant load?)

Soldato
I think you should be able to do something like that. IIRC the SP2500 has two audio inputs, so you can connect another device.

I think some of these Echo devices have an audio output to connect to a larger/better speaker system. I got my mum a 3rd gen Echo dot, which I'm sure has a 3.5mm audio output.

Associate
OP
I think you should be able to do something like that. IIRC the SP2500 has two audio inputs, so you can connect another device.

I think some of these Echo devices have an audio output to connect to a larger/better speaker system. I got my mum a 3rd gen Echo dot, which I'm sure has a 3.5mm audio output.

Thanks man, I'll wait around for some offers, 50 for an echo dot seems like I bit when I think they were going for around 30 at some point

The SP2500 have a headphone output on the controller but I think what I need is the AUX 1 on the back of the main subwoofer
Image_14.JPG

my concern is that if my PC is switched off I don't think it'll be smart enough to switch to the Echo dot on Aux 1?

Soldato
Yeah, definitely wait for a sale. I think I got one for £25 from the place that ruby murray is slang for. ;)

From what I can gather, you need to select which input you want to use with the controller. Unless it switches automatically, when one input is no longer receiving audio, then you'll have to do it manually. If it works that way, then there will be no way around that I feel. :/

Back
Top Bottom