Malmesbury / Cirencester date ideas

Soldato
Right, if Coronavirus wasn't bad enough for date ideas, I've met someone from Bristol. I live an hour and a half away so was planning on coming most of the way.

Anyone know of any decent public walks or things to do that will be open at the minute and has decent parking? I have a National Trust membership but Dyrham Park is fully booked. Open to nearby locations too.

Thanks!

Man of Honour
For something interesting there is Avebury, the mini stone henge, 15 mins from the M4 / J16. National Trust location.

Had a second date with my now wife there. It worked for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

:edit: OK so I read the thread now and can see it's closed... If that's the case then you're likely going to have fun and games finding anything open.

Soldato
Sweet. Will check it out thanks!
We went about 6wks ago and parked in the west Kennet Long Barrow lay-by. There is room for 3 or 4 cars there. The silbury Hill car park did look open when I drove past it.
The Long Barrow is definitely worth checking out, and then you can walk to Avebury via West Kennet avenue.

Soldato
The Uffington White Horse is about 40 min from Avebury. We had that as a backup, in case it wasn't possible to find parking. We ended up going there as well, car park for Uffington was definitely open.
A word of caution - we went on a weekday, and it was just after travel restrictions had been relaxed. We were able to park everywhere. If you went on a weekend now, when there are a lot more people out and about, you may find it harder.

Back
Top Bottom