Man City v Arsenal **Spoilers**

Permabanned
radikal_dj said:
I think Arsenal should play 4-5-1 to start, we need to own the midfield tbh. Henry will be fine up front on his own.....With great feeding passes.

He will, aslong as certain midfielders do their jobs - Support him. Fabregas, Freddie, Reyes and Hleb need to bust a gut to get up with Henry whenever we break.

Against Real Madrid in both ties, and against Juventus at home it worked a treat but I felt Henry was somewhat isolated in the Juventus away game and both Villarreal ties.

Soldato
Lehmann, Eboue, Toure, Campbell, Cole, Gilberto, Ljundberg, Hleb, Fabregas, Reyes, Henry... team to beat Barcelona.

Big shout out for Senderos & Flamini, it's 50/50 with Campbell and Cole depending on how they fair on Sunday.

I personally think Song (terrible passing, exactly what you don't need in midfield), Adebayor (terrible eye for goal) & Diaby (showed no initiative; the injury was a bad one, but i'd rather have him sidelined) are showing little to no potential of coming through into the first team.

Associate
The Jet said:
Lehmann, Eboue, Toure, Campbell, Cole, Gilberto, Ljundberg, Hleb, Fabregas, Reyes, Henry... team to beat Barcelona.

Big shout out for Senderos & Flamini, it's 50/50 with Campbell and Cole depending on how they fair on Sunday.

I personally think Song (terrible passing, exactly what you don't need in midfield), Adebayor (terrible eye for goal) & Diaby (showed no initiative; the injury was a bad one, but i'd rather have him sidelined) are showing little to no potential of coming through into the first team.

Great post....I agree with all of the above.

Soldato
OP
The Jet said:

Sol doesn't come close to Big Phil. Sol of 2004, then its no contest, but he is fat, and out of form. I'd start with Clichy, Cole looked unfit and was out of position too many times.

Song is terrible, not good enough for Sunderland let alone Arsenal.

Your totally wrong about Adebayor and Diaby. Adebayor was top scorer in the ACN qualifiers with 12 goals, and has scored 4 in 13 and generally hasn't finished games. A better record than most strikers when they start there career in a new country like Hery, Bergkamp to name a few. Of course thats all irrelevant as he's cup tied :p

How can you say you'd rather have Diaby sidelined? He's looked very promising when he's played, not bad for a 19 year old. Of course he wouldn't of started but he would have been a useful player to have on the bench in the final.

Soldato
Gooner14 said:
Sol doesn't come close to Big Phil. Sol of 2004, then its no contest, but he is fat, and out of form. I'd start with Clichy, Cole looked unfit and was out of position too many times.

Song is terrible, not good enough for Sunderland let alone Arsenal.

Your totally wrong about Adebayor and Diaby. Adebayor was top scorer in the ACN qualifiers with 12 goals, and has scored 4 in 13 and generally hasn't finished games. A better record than most strikers when they start there career in a new country like Hery, Bergkamp to name a few. Of course thats all irrelevant as he's cup tied :p

How can you say you'd rather have Diaby sidelined? He's looked very promising when he's played, not bad for a 19 year old. Of course he wouldn't of started but he would have been a useful player to have on the bench in the final.

Adebayor has scored goals, sure, but stick any player in the right spot at the right time and they will score. With the amount of wasted opportunities, fumbled balls gone out and inability to keep ball up till help arrives is shocking. He simply hasn't convinced me with the performances i've seen from him, which is almost every game he's played in bar the Portsmouth game and my mates said he had an atrocious game.

As for Diaby, he's did his job satisfactorily but other than that i've seen nothing promising. For a team such as Arsenal, you expect more from every player, not just do what any player would do if he came into the first team. Diaby doesn't seem to have desire or the willpower like other young players who get a chance. (Eboue & Flamini for example, that's real promise!) He's had half a dozen appearances now and in every performances he's looked below par and more imporantly hasn't gelled with the rest of the team. In no way has he looked promising for me.

Have to agree to disagree.

Man of Honour
I think Diaby has a future, he looks more talented than Flamini to me although really I need to see more of them.

Personally I'd stick with the 4-5-1 against Barca, except I'd be playing Pires instead of Hleb, he gives the ball away far to much to risk him against a team like that. One of Cole/Clichy should be fit for the final which is great news.

Permabanned
Diaby is a strange player because he seems to drift in and out of games so consistently and so quickly.

He'll either be on the ball turning a man with a fantastic piece of skill or powering past 3 players or he'll just be nowhere to be seen.

He has looked alright to me, and he is only 19 years old. Certainly doesn't seem to be much of a defensive player though, although he is power he seems to be a bit clumsy in the tackle and slow to react.

Back
Top Bottom