• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Managing to get a 7300 GT with DDR 3!!!!

Soldato
OP
sargatanas said:
for 2 cards, costing a combined £140 i'm impressed, but i think the X1800XT would be better buy for similar money.

For £130 its awesome value but these cards are there to be overclocked thats the thing!

Iv seen reviews using lesser processors than the one posted earlier achieving 91** on stock SLi! I'm fairly convinced with some overclocking you could achieve over 10k! So thats the challenge once we open the 7300GT owners club :D

Caporegime
hotdog said:
x2 4400 stock, 2gig ram

I have just completed my first run on 3d mark 05......

I left most background programs running, usual windows boot etc and just so you guys get an idea i managed to get:-

That is not clocked ! I repeat not clocked !

Just looked at some of those rankings, and i have beat people with x2's running at 2.6-2.8 with 2 gig ram - USING 7900GTXs

ROFL

I imagine this will get lots of posts saying ive fixed it etc, honest truth in my score there chaps. All i can say is very impressed so far

P.S mod wise the black 7600pcb it uses matches my xfi so my case looks very even from a design point of view - tidy.

I get over 12000 with my 7900 GTX and that was with my old opty 170@ 2.8ghz

As James said I was expecting more Too

Associate
I`d like to get one of these for my older pc to try out,and one for my mate.Do you think it would run 3d shooters ok like prey?(i`m not expecting it to cope with oblivion obviously)

Soldato
OP
Actually it copes better in oblivion than it does in the engine used in both Quake 4 and Prey, Oblivion due to the fact that it isn't the fastest paced game on the planet and if you dont put full distance etc on would run fine!

As i said guys if it wasn't for my delays I'd have my report up on them :p Fingers crossed that by the weekend I'll have the SLi Rig up and running for testing!

I'm gonna break that 10k with them ;) Plus im looking to score more than I did with my x1800xt 512 on both 3D Marks 05 and 06.

I have to ask tho, why does Gibbo not look into getting these cards in stock? they would be great sellers would they not?

My bro just got his new PC delievred yesterday :( damn those GX2's rock :p

Associate
Ok Ok i got lots to do!

3D Mark 06 results - i didnt do it many favours as i had about 3 explorer pages open + messenger live and my usual windows apps all on :(

3467 3d marks
1781 sm2 score
889 hdr
1776 cpu score

Results? & Debate please! This is stock x24400/2gig/2x7300gt

I have taken the plunge and bought 2 zalman vf900's (damn expensive!!!) so the coolers are worth as much as 1 graphics card now ! Anyway once they arrive that samsung memory is going to wrung to an inch of its life ! LOL

Associate
Dont player hate LOL

Thats what it says in the results (whats the easiest way to post them, copy &paste?)

Looking at the results there are many 7800gtx's and 7600gts with faster cpu's getting less! I am completely honest here. I am now looking at starting to Oc my cpu to see if will improve before the zalmans arrive...

CPU SCORE 1776

Soldato
OP
hotdog said:
Ok Ok i got lots to do!

3D Mark 06 results - i didnt do it many favours as i had about 3 explorer pages open + messenger live and my usual windows apps all on :(

3467 3d marks
1781 sm2 score
889 hdr
1776 cpu score

Results? & Debate please! This is stock x24400/2gig/2x7300gt

I have taken the plunge and bought 2 zalman vf900's (damn expensive!!!) so the coolers are worth as much as 1 graphics card now ! Anyway once they arrive that samsung memory is going to wrung to an inch of its life ! LOL

Im confident that the card can better that fairly easily tbh! Clock clock clock clock clock :D
I actually feel like your score is a bit low for some reason as 2 of these should be faster than a 7600gt

Associate
ok im clocking my x2 4400 is now at 2.53ghz - will this improve the score by much? How high can i go would you say? I dont really want to clock the graphics card until it has ram sinks sat on top of it.

My case has got pretty good cooling and i took the side off just now and placing my hand in between the two cards i could feel a lot of heat :eek:

Soldato
OP
Its the 7300gt's where you'll find one of the biggest improvements in score, i believe 42** with the pair in 06 is achievable no problem!

*EDIT* highest score on orb is 5168 with a pair, very nice indeed!

Last edited:
Soldato
yea your sli setup at stock should be whooping my single overclocked 7600gt. im guessing you have vsync on or your running it at a funny resolution or something fishy is going on.

Associate
Hi what should i be doing different then?

Ive oc'ed my 4400 to 2.5ghz now and retested 3dmark05. I got 8735 against pcmalaysia's 9137. There cpu was at 2.8 however - i would presume that that would make the difference then?

Does that not beat a 7600gt? And whats fishy, also where is v-sync / i have yet to tweak the gpu...

Back
Top Bottom