Man's drink or woman's drink?

Soldato
What is it with this Gin popularity atm?

Some of my mates are obsessed about drinking Gin out of Tea-Cups.. I'm sure it's something to do with that Pete idiot.

Soldato
Is it real ale or straight vodka or whisky? No? Then it must be a girls drink. Everyone knows real men can only drink things that taste awful.

(actually I quite like the taste of whisky but unfortunately too strong for my girly stomach)

Associate
I don't think that there is a male drink or a female drink. Im a girl and drink anything that I like and that includes real ale. It just depends on what you like. personally i cant stand alco pops or most "girly" drinks give me a double Jack Daniels and coke anyday. :)

Associate
I have only tried Gin once. My description is that it tasted like someone had squirted cheap perfume into my mouth :mad: not nice...

However I'm intrigued by the "oh it's really refreshing with lemon and tonic with some ice" Might be tempted to give it a go.

But yeah, I digress. I've always seen it as a womans drink, but who cares?

If you like it, fair play.

Man of Honour
Lol given the choice I either drink cider or vodka (neat, with ice, or with lemonade). I never used to drink before I came to uni and never really adapted to the taste of what goes into a pint glass.

I do get the **** ripped out of me at times, but whenever I challenge the person to match me for units I always win. Apart from when people get me cheeky vimto - the most annoying gay arse drink in the world, yet for some reason it absolutely wrecks meh!

Man of Honour
Mat said:
A man should only be seen drinking G&T if he's wearing a silk cravate and has a thin moustache. Same goes for Pimms.

I need to get me a cravat and grow a pencil moustache then, both those drinks are nice although the gin should ideally be Tanqueray or Bombay Sapphire and Pimms is only a summer drink with or without slices of cucumber in the jug.

That said I'll drink pretty much anything so it is hardly a glowing recommendation.

Soldato
I'm with fatiain on this....despite the modern day homogay connotations, G&T is a proper old school gentlemans drink....read books on the British Empire and you'll hear stories of serviceman and officials getting up late in British India, or wherever, donning their bushmans hat, shooting an elephant or two before lunch, then heading off to the European club to drink G&T all day whilst bemoaning how lazy the locals are....

Man of Honour
Will said:
read books on the British Empire and you'll hear stories of serviceman and officials getting up late in British India, or wherever, donning their bushmans hat, shooting an elephant or two before lunch, then heading off to the European club to drink G&T all day whilst bemoaning how lazy the locals are....

Part of the reasoning behind this(apart from the refreshing taste) is that the tonic water would contain quinine which helped ward off malaria although quantities of quinine are less now in tonic water and it isn't all that significant a reason for drinking a G&T in most parts of Britain.

Soldato
Who cares. It's just a drink.

I mean, to not drink something because people think it's a womans drink is pathetic in itself.

I guess steak is a man's food and pasta a woman's? :rolleyes:

Phil.

Back
Top Bottom