1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Map Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MehulLakhani, 11 Mar 2010.

1. MehulLakhani

Wise Guy

Hi All

We are designing our new leaflet at work, and we need to put in a catchment area map.

Basically I need to find somewhere on-line that will sell me a high-res map down to streetlevel, which I can modify and use in a leaflet to be distributed to our customers .

Any ideas ?

R

Mehul

2. apeZ

Mobster

Can't you just take it off googlemaps? Not the highest res, but it would do for a leaflet.

3. Stupot_

Mobster

For a leaflet?
    How do you mean down to street level... I would have thought you'd want a large scale google esque map. You won't fit street level on a brochure unless your catchment area is about 50 metres:)

If you are looking for a detailed map... Then you'll probably just have to buy something from OS, or someone like promap (expensive). I'd contact OS first and see if they can help you, there's probably a service they do that will get you just what you need. Your local planning office will also have OS data handy to buy but I don't know if they would pass this on digitally or just send you on your way with a crappy A4 print out.

Probably worth having a read of googles license for using their maps.

You could always get the leaflet designer to trace over a google map, turning it in to more of a diagram with catchment area circles (I guess this is what you're doing?) overlayed. Not very accurate perhaps if people dispute whether they're on a border though, but you wont have to worry about copyright.