1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mates ex

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Siliconslave, 27 Feb 2006.

1. Stiff_Cookie

Man of Honour

They arent together anymore. Simple as. She's not cheating on him with you so your mate should have no probs. If he does than he is a loser.

2. VaderDSL

Capodecina

if the friend is too immature to accept it, then he doesn't deserve your respect imo, i see no reason why a friend should stop you from asking her out etc.

I've had it happen, when my gf and I split she confided she liked said friend (it was her friend mainly) she told me they weren't going to get together due to me, but I told them to stop being such daft numpties and that I was fine with it, dunno why people would have a problem with it :confused:

3. Doohickey

Sgarrista

hes wrrite, you should speak to him and get the okay firrst

4. Phoenix211

Wise Guy

hell I did it after 4 weeks. Lost the guy as a friend but he was a tool anyway, I just didn't realise until he showed his true colours.

5. willd58

PermaBanned

Tell him your guna do it, dont ask, its not his decision anymore, but a curtousy warning would be nice.

6. Nix

Capodecina

Or how about telling your friend you're interested but want to respect his feelings but making it clear that he doesn't control her anymore?

7. Burbleflop

PermaBanned

Been there, done that. It wasn't easy telling Dave that I was with Emma but as he pointed out, their relationship was over so he had no right to feel jealous/angry/etc.

Anyway, this is a lot easier than telling a mate you're shagging his siser.. that really didn't go down too well.

8. Mellownatts

Hitman

Go for it, if you two are close i see no problems with it.

9. ScoobyDoo

Mobster

Been there and done that and got the t-shirt.

I even ended up marrying her!!!!!.

When my mate said to me 'You'll have your hands full there, she is mad!' I Should have listened to him, as now im divorced, and he was right 'She was mad'!.

Live and learn....

Last edited: 27 Feb 2006
  10. Gilly

Man of Honour

Its all about respect. The guys asking what it has to do with him don't seem to have that for their mates, but are questioning the maturity of a mate that might have a problem with it? Madness.

Ask him what he thinks. Before anything happens. Its the only way to go. If email is too impersonal ask him for a number out there and talk to him over the phone.

11. james.miller

Capodecina

i wouldnt dare unless they ok'd it first. Most of the time they wouldnt want anything to do with their ex's, and you getting it on with their ex wont exactly help them move on will it?

See, people these days will place their own manhood above friendship. thats is just weak.

12. paradigm

Caporegime

Been there, done that and it ruined a perfectly good friendship! Sure I got two years with the lady in question, and they were two fantastic years, but then what? It ended, and I had neither a good friend nor a partner. NOT GOOD!

13. Kell_ee001

Capodecina

Says it all really :)

14. pyro

Capodecina

Yeah, I wouldn't want my mate to be dating my ex (well unless it was a week long thing or whatever), so like the others said, talk to him first.

15. Spacky

PermaBanned

Sacrifice a friendship for a girl who may not be around that long for a relationship? Big risk!

16. Desmo

Soldato

Precisely. Something that seems to be lacking a great deal these days.

17. thebrasso

Soldato

I would definitely talk to him about it first. Thats the one bit of advice I agree with.

Each situation is different..by the sounds of it he should be fine though.

18. adamau5

Wise Guy

No way, you really shouldn't. Its a bit sick.

19. SuperMan

Wise Guy

No way. Stay away from her. I had a bunch of mates from school been friends for years. One got with the others ex and they haven't spoken since and neither are still with the girl.

20. Wyvern971

Wise Guy

Agree with that, even though they aren't togather if she ended it he may still have feelings for her.

Also depending on how it ended (mutual, bitter) they may not want to see each other