Mates ex

Man of Honour
OP
Right, well quick update on this, been fretting about it for a while tried to call him last night. Didn't get through so texted asking if there was a good place / time to call and he asked me to mail him.... just waiting for a reply!

Man of Honour
OP
well... finally got a text back from him saying "not sure how it will effect things, will see when i get back next week" .... so next week could be interesting :D

in other news myself and his ex are getting along like a house on fire :) ain't been this happy for ages so hope it doesn't screw up other areas of my life.... karma and all that

Don
Siliconslave said:
well... finally got a text back from him saying "not sure how it will effect things, will see when i get back next week" .... so next week could be interesting :D

which in English translates as "no chance matey"

Associate
I love his reply. "We'll see when I get back". Sounds like a Father answering his little Girl about whether he will take her to the Zoo on Saturday.

Oh yes please Daddy, please say yes! Pleaseeeeeeeeee.

Well that is what you get when you relinquish your decision making power to someone else. You completely put the Ball in his Court when you didn't have to. Why relinquish anything if you don't have to? :confused:

Man of Honour
OP
Old Turkey said:
Well that is what you get when you relinquish your decision making power to someone else. You completely put the Ball in his Court when you didn't have to. Why relinquish anything if you don't have to? :confused:

didn't relinquish anything, basically said something along the lines of
"Wanted you to hear from me first, not some half baked rumors but i'm going out with <your ex>, hope this won't weird you out too much and screw up our friendship."

agw_01 said:
Out of interest, who dumped who?

supposidly it was mutual, she doesn't mind seeing him around with his new g/f, although she wasn't too happy when they got together days after the brake (has been over a year now afaik....) and they were going out for 3 years, but i didn't really know her then, and only got to know him properly in the last year or so, all though we've crossed over friendship circles

Soldato
Hmmm, well you've done the right thing by asking/mentioning it to him but IMO, a year is more than enough for him to get over it.

I know people who've gone out with my ex's, and I have mates who've gone out with other mates' ex's... no sour grapes from me :)

I'd actually be happy if one of my mates went out with my ex, especially if I knew the guy well. I'd be glad she was with a decent guy.

Back
Top Bottom