Matrix revolutions (spoilers) ???????

Man of Honour
Crazy Fool said:
I don’t get it…….. is it me ? or are there so many un answered questions? What happened to the French guy? Is Zion another matrix? Why is there a cease fire with the machines? And for how long? What happened to Neo? Will they make any more? :( :confused: :( :confused:

I seems no-one tried to answer your questions, so I'll give you my take on them. As nothing is truly explained properly I may be wrong with these, but my theories generally fall in line with most popular ones.

What happened to the French guy? - What do you mean what happened? When threatened by Trinity he allowed Neo to return to the Matrix and thus return to the real world. After that we don't see him again, but he's still there, so nothing happens to him.

Is Zion another Matrix? - No, it's a real city based near the Earth's core. It's not part of the Matrix, nor is it another version of it.

Why is there a cease fire with the machines? - The Smith program had grown beyond the control of the machines, and after it was done taking over everything in the Matrix, it would try (and probably succeed) to take over the machine world. Neo offered the machines a deal - a ceasefire with humans, for the destruction of Smith. When Neo allowed himself to be assimilated by Smith, it allowed the machines to regain control of the Smith program, and kill it. Neo had fulfilled his part of the bargain, and the machines stuck to their part.

And for how long? - No idea. Perhaps until another film is made, if another film is made.

What happened to Neo? - At the end of the film it looks like he dies, yet I don't believe that. The Smith program took over every person connected to the Matrix, and when the program was deleted, everyone returned to the way they were (as we saw with the Oracle and Seraph at the end). As Neo was also connected to the Matrix, it's reasonable to assume that he would also have returned to normal, and awoke after the end of the film (hence the Oracle's comment that she was sure we'd see Neo again some day).

You can also argue that he does indeed die though. The Oracle mentions that Neo and Smith are the same, but opposites. It's possible that one cannot survive without the other, so by the machines killing the Smith program, they also kill Neo.

Will they make any more? - Possibly, the Matrix universe is still very popular, and they left it open for more films.

Soldato
Davey_Pitch said:
Why is there a cease fire with the machines? - The Smith program had grown beyond the control of the machines, and after it was done taking over everything in the Matrix, it would try (and probably succeed) to take over the machine world. Neo offered the machines a deal - a ceasefire with humans, for the destruction of Smith. When Neo allowed himself to be assimilated by Smith, it allowed the machines to regain control of the Smith program, and kill it. Neo had fulfilled his part of the bargain, and the machines stuck to their part.

What happened to Neo? - At the end of the film it looks like he dies, yet I don't believe that. The Smith program took over every person connected to the Matrix, and when the program was deleted, everyone returned to the way they were (as we saw with the Oracle and Seraph at the end). As Neo was also connected to the Matrix, it's reasonable to assume that he would also have returned to normal, and awoke after the end of the film (hence the Oracle's comment that she was sure we'd see Neo again some day).

You can also argue that he does indeed die though. The Oracle mentions that Neo and Smith are the same, but opposites. It's possible that one cannot survive without the other, so by the machines killing the Smith program, they also kill Neo.

This is good. I've always considered my ideas behind the Matrix to be correct.. and I'm always thinking about new things that happened and understanding them. But you're idea on how the machines destroyed Smith I think sounds about right.

With regards to the people becoming how they were before turned into Smith I thought that the people you saw - Seriv, Oracle and Hatti were all programs? so as you said he may have died.
My idea on how they beat Smith was that because Neo had become Smith, the equation was unbalanced.. Nothing to counter all of them. So it resulted in them all dying.. But I don't know :confused:.

Nice theories though. No doubt they'll be playing on my mind for weeks to come.

Associate
Crazy Fool said:
so why did neo go and fight smith at the end? why did he not let him take him staight away?

not sure really. maybe because he didnt realise it till the end, or maybe it was to fool smith. If he just walked up to him and surrended, i think smith would get suspicious :p

imo i think neo dies. It makes sense in the story because trinity has died, and the fact it looks like the machines eletricute him at the end and also the way he is carted off by some random machine.

Man of Honour
naffa said:
With regards to the people becoming how they were before turned into Smith I thought that the people you saw - Seriv, Oracle and Hatti were all programs? so as you said he may have died.

They were indeed programs, returned to their original state after the Smith program was terminated.

My idea on how they beat Smith was that because Neo had become Smith, the equation was unbalanced.. Nothing to counter all of them. So it resulted in them all dying.. But I don't know :confused:.

Watch the end again. Just as Neo is assimilated by Smith, it cuts back to the real world Neo, and the machine sends some kind of bolt into Neo. To my mind, it's that bolt that kills Smith.

Crazy Fool said:
so why did neo go and fight smith at the end? why did he not let him take him staight away?

Neo thought he could win, but Smith was proving too strong. It wasn't until Smith said "Everything that has a beginning has an end, Neo", that Neo realised what he had to do. It was a line the Oracle said to Neo earlier in the film, and it was the Oracle inside Smith that made him say the line. It made Neo realise the only way to beat Smith was to become part of him. Just like Neo has created the "unplugged" version of Smith by going inside him and destroying him, he would destroy the unplugged Smith by doing the same thing, ending the thing he himself created. The Oracle also said earlier that no-one can see past the choices they don't understand. Neo finally made his choice.

Soldato
Davey_Pitch said:
They were indeed programs, returned to their original state after the Smith program was terminated.

Watch the end again. Just as Neo is assimilated by Smith, it cuts back to the real world Neo, and the machine sends some kind of bolt into Neo. To my mind, it's that bolt that kills Smith.

Neo thought he could win, but Smith was proving too strong. It wasn't until Smith said "Everything that has a beginning has an end, Neo", that Neo realised what he had to do. It was a line the Oracle said to Neo earlier in the film, and it was the Oracle inside Smith that made him say the line. It made Neo realise the only way to beat Smith was to become part of him. Just like Neo has created the "unplugged" version of Smith by going inside him and destroying him, he would destroy the unplugged Smith by doing the same thing, ending the thing he himself created. The Oracle also said earlier that no-one can see past the choices they don't understand. Neo finally made his choice.

Ahhh all of that has cleared up a lot for me :p. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom