MaxDSL download speeds same as before?!

Soldato
I moved over to Max DSL with Eclipse (was previously on their flex product) about 2 months ago. I've been syncing at around 7.5mbps ever since, but for a while only got 2mbps speeds on download, now it'll occasioanlly get the sort of speeds I'd expect from a 3mbps connection but it's never as fast as it should be (I had 10 meg NTL at Uni, so know what sort of speeds I should be expecting on downloads from decent servers).

I've put in 3 or 4 support tickets with Eclipse and they just don't seem to care - they've gone downhill loads. I used to sing their praises but I wouldn't recommend them anymore.

Permabanned
PeterNem said:
I've put in 3 or 4 support tickets with Eclipse and they just don't seem to care - they've gone downhill loads. I used to sing their praises but I wouldn't recommend them anymore.

It's just the same with Freedom2Surf. You send a support ticket and it is either ignored, or you get a reply four days later which doesn't properly answer your question. I wonder why such abysmal service seems to be the norm nowadays.

Soldato
PeterNem said:
I moved over to Max DSL with Eclipse (was previously on their flex product) about 2 months ago. I've been syncing at around 7.5mbps ever since, but for a while only got 2mbps speeds on download, now it'll occasioanlly get the sort of speeds I'd expect from a 3mbps connection but it's never as fast as it should be (I had 10 meg NTL at Uni, so know what sort of speeds I should be expecting on downloads from decent servers).

I'm the same. Download speeds typically stay at around 280kbs from all the decent fast UK mirrors. Sometimes more, sometimes a lot less. I dont rate MaxDSL at all at the moment. :o

Permabanned
I sincerely hope that BT will make drastic improvements to MAX and that these are merely understandable problems of a new product in its infancy.

Back
Top Bottom