1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maximize my listening experience...

Discussion in 'Sound City' started by Jonesiani, 25 May 2006.

1. Jonesiani

Wise Guy

Well, basically, ive just installed a breand new x-fi extreme music, and i was wondering how to get the most out of it. Hopefully some of you will have advice.

Basically, i use windows media player to play my cd's, which are on variable bit rate.

I use a logitech 5.1 setup, forgot which model, but it cost me about 55 quid a year ago.

I dont like HUGE bass, i like a even level of both treble and bass.

Should i use the crystalizer function?, if so, what percentage?

any advice on how to get the most out of this beast would be great! :D

2. TooNice

Hitman

Trust your ears. Not some guy in an Internet forum... if it can be helped ;)

There are people who enjoy the Crystalizer. I am not a huge fan of it. But Logitech are kinda boomy by nature, if you want to tone it down, you can try EQing. I can't help you much there, since it is up to your ears to decide what sounds best to you. If you do choose not to use the Crystalizer, then I recommend listenning in Audio Creation mode. Set the sampling rate to 44.1 kHz.

3. tom_nieto

Capodecina

Get rid of the logitech speakers and buy a hi-fi amp and a pair of bookshelf speakers... listening experience maximised.

Go by your ears, why should what we think be right for you?

4. Jonesiani

Wise Guy

I was just asking for advice or tips how to tweak the sound thats all. Can you recomend any good amps for around 200 quid?