Mayflower Curry Sauce

Associate
This deserves its own thread.

Stumbled across this today, £1 for a box in Iceland's. It is amazing! Exactly like the Chinese take away. Out of all the curry sauce mixes I've tried over the years this is closest you're going to get to the Chinese take away. Seriously go and get some!

Mayflower_255g_Original_Chincurrysce_68051.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Comes in a take away style box as powder mix with water and bring to boil. Job done. Comes out really thick too. Perfecto.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The local coop has a tub of paste you mix with water that's pretty much spot on - Goldfish Chinese curry concentrate.
I use goldfish. I’m pretty sure my local Chinese uses the same thing. The taste and texture is exactly the same.

The only difference is the Chinese can do some funny thing with their chicken that makes it really soft, smooth and hardly needs chewing.

Associate
I use goldfish. I’m pretty sure my local Chinese uses the same thing. The taste and texture is exactly the same.

The only difference is the Chinese can do some funny thing with their chicken that makes it really soft, smooth and hardly needs chewing.

Soak it in milk,the lactic acid tenderises it.

Soldato
Been using the extra hot one for years, we always got it from B&M but now Iceland stock it as well makes us not make a special trip, we fry a few onions add some roast chicken a frozen peas then stir some of this sauce through until hot (sauce is done in the microwave as per pack instructions) and it really does scratch the takeaway itch.

Tried Goldfish curry paste as well (that can be had from Tesco) but do prefer this one

Soldato
Nothing wrong with MSG, it has a bad rap based on old wives tales and people scared of chemical names.

Safer than covering your food in NaCl :p

Soldato
The Southern style gravy mix is banging too. Usually make a poutine esc affair every now and then.

Normally find them in B&M for a quid.

Back
Top Bottom