MB/CPU/RAM combo for mining

Associate
Apologies if wrong section, I cannot post on the mining section of the forum for whatever reason.

I am looking to build my first open air rack mining system. I've 2 closed air setups at the moment but the fan noise is a killer.

I'm looking for advice on the best MB/CPU/RAM combo for up to 6 cards.

I will probably be needing 2 PSUs also to keep noise down and know about cables, risers, SSD etc. What I cannot get my head around is a good Mobo/CPU/RAM combo.

Help welcome :)

Man of Honour
My knowledge is very limited with mining do this will be genral advice, you need a motherboard with 6 pcie slots, 8 to 16gb of ram and depending if your using the cpu to mine a low to high end cpu.

Associate
hi.

I have access to unlimited free power. I would like to get a budget mining gig for around 100 - 200 usd (I live in the UK). Given the current GPU shortage I would prefer to make a randomX cpu mining rig but gpu rigs are equally as accepted. as I mentioned this thing could draw 10 thousand watts and I wouldn't care because power is free for me so don't worry about power consumption in your suggestions. Let me know if you have any suggestions. Thanks.

Caporegime
if it's for mining the motherboard is the most important part just pick one with the most pcie slots.

cpu and ram don't matter at all so buy cheapest that is compatible

Back
Top Bottom