1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MCE blaster delay

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by Crazy Squirrel, 25 Feb 2006.

1. Crazy Squirrel

Gangster

Got MCE2005 with a Hauppauge 150MCE and the blaster on the front of my sky box. SP2 RU2, fast communication on blaster, auto detected sky remote, no enter for channel change, 3 digit channels.

I press 1
    MCE shows 1__
    I press 0
    MCE shows 10_
    I press 6
    MCE shows 106
    ****2 seconds passes****
    MCE sends 1 to the blaster
    MCE sends 0 to the blaster
    MCE sends 6 to the blaster

I press Channel up
    MCE shows 106
    MCE sends 1 to the blaster
    MCE sends 0 to the blaster
    MCE sends 6 to the blaster

Why does MCE delay sending on the IR commands for 2 seconds but not delay sending on the IR command on channel up/down?
    It is definatly doing nothing IR wise in those 2 seconds as i'm watching the LED on both the blaster and the sky box for activity.

Edit: it seems to wait till you've definatly finished typing digits before it starts changing the channel. Now it knows i have 3 digit tv channels. yet if I type 2 digits and wait 2 seconds it then sends 2 digits. If i type 4 digits and wait 2 seconds it sends 4. It's now got it's knickers in a right twist. How to force it only to take 3 digit channels??????

Last edited: 25 Feb 2006