Media Server / Docker Advice

Man of Honour
Folks looking for a little assistance.

For the last few months I've been using my converted Hades Canyon NUC as an UNRAID Server very successfully - however due to the ongoing working from home I think I'm going to bring that back into use as my Desktop and light gaming machine as my work laptop is just dire.

I'm running UNRAID with a few Docker Apps (nextcloud, calibre, delugevpn, embyserver and xteve) and a couple of VM's which are doing fairly light work; I'd guess the heaviest load is the embyserver and xteve which are setup with Live TV / EPG and Recording.

If I was to swap my Hades Canyon back out and look to pickup something cheaper and lowered powered as my UNRAID unit; what type of thing would be reccomended?

I'm not sure where to start! But I think my NUC was overkill!

Soldato
Depending on the OS you end up going with, nothing to stop you running much light weight dockers on (and I shudder to type this) Windows or whatever you run as your desktop OS. If you want to build, how many drives do you have and what sort of budget? Any special requirements (eg transcoding for Plex) not mentioned in op?

Back
Top Bottom