Meeting Boyfriends/Girlfriends Online

Soldato
Seeing as there are loads of relationship/kissing girls threads going on at the moment, I wanted to add to it.

How many people on here have met their current (or ex) partners online? Do any of you think that it is "geeky" or "sad" to do so? Just finding out what the current consensus is on the subject.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
When Freeserve chat was up and runing many moons ago i used it to travel round the country riding anything that would let me.
Yer real sad a. :p

Anywhere you can get a partner is cool with me. ;)

Associate
The internet has been a godsend for me (not in a punani sort of way :p) but living in a remote part of the country it was unusual to meet like minded computer geeks - in fact conversation would range from cider drinking to the latest second-hand tractor purchase.

So when the internet finally rolled along I was suddenly able to pick and choose online friends around the world that were skilled in fields I was interested in and shared common interests.

So for that reason I don't think it's lame to meet people online, in fact it might be a better way to meet someone that you really click with mentally first.

Permabanned
ElRazur said:
Or a bingo Club, Gay bar, Night Club, construction site, .... :o

*ok i will get my coat.

:confused:

Anyway, I don't think its sad. Its a relatively new method of meeting people as far as I'm concerned. As long as people understand how the internet works and follow some basic guidelines when meeting people online, I don't see a problem at all.

Soldato
i met a gf i was with for 2 years completely online, talked for about a month before meeting her and immediately got togeghter, and got to know a more recent one of a year and a half much better online, i met her through the rock society at uni, but chatted a lot online before getting to know each other irl

i dont think there's anything wrong with it, has obv worked well for me
i've met probably 50+ people who i've known online 1st, and i must say i'm glad i wasnt planning on going out with a lot of them, people can be very different from what you expect even if their pictures are real.

just have your wits about you, be very wary of things that seem too good to be true, they probably are, no reason to treat it differently from real life really, you just have to remember that the people who never leave their houses can be online just as easily as anyone else, which i suppose could be good in some situation, but tbh there's probably a reason they never leave their house

Back
Top Bottom