Meeting Boyfriends/Girlfriends Online

Soldato
Disagree with the distance thing. I guess it depends how much you value the relationship. Leon's 170 odd miles away, but I'd still want to be with him if he was in Northernmost Scotland. I kind of knew he was "IT" when we met. We do have plans to move in together at some point though, so it's not all for nothing :)

Man of Honour
Behemoth said:
Depends on how far to be honest mate. 100 miles or so isn't all that bad, thats about 1 hours drive in the car, but any further away than that then yeah I agree there isn't much point to it.

personally i'm doing 5500 miles at the moment, bit difficult to pop round in the evening it has to be said... :(

Soldato
Well I had no car, part time job, one was in Ireland, the other one 2 hours away with the train, and the third one somewhere around London so it really wasn't possible.

Associate
I've just signed up to a dating site now I'm single again, and am having a great time, chatting to lots of women I wouldn't otherwise meet and having my first real-life date since batchelorhood later this week. When you're older you don't want to be hanging around clubs trying to find someone, this is just a good way of filtering out the people you have nothing in common with.

Soldato
bigredshark said:
personally i'm doing 5500 miles at the moment, bit difficult to pop round in the evening it has to be said... :(

yeah just a tad difficult.

I do have one horror story, got involved with some girl in america on the net when I was only 17, I found out a few months later she was like 14. Glad that never went any further.

Soldato
Lostkat said:
Disagree with the distance thing. I guess it depends how much you value the relationship. Leon's 170 odd miles away, but I'd still want to be with him if he was in Northernmost Scotland.

Agree with you. I drove an 8 hour round trip to see Paul just for 24 hours last friday night and it was most definitely worth it.

Soldato
Behemoth said:

I do have one horror story, got involved with some girl in america on the net when I was only 17, I found out a few months later she was like 14. Glad that never went any further.

Big deal, she was just 3 years younger! :D

Permabanned
Not personally, but 2 of my best friends have met their girlfriends from dating sites, 1 of them is getting married to her next year!

For me, it doesn't really matter how people meet, because once that first date is done, it is no different to if you had met in a pub, club or work. There does seem to be a bit of a stigma attached, as both my friends will go a little coy if asked how they met their girlfriends.

The only problem I can see, is that meeting people online, often poses the problem of long distance relationships right from the start.

Associate
must admit i did think it was sad, but i've changed my opinion now im single, you get to know the person before meeting them hence finding out if they a beeatch first, however you do have the problem that people lie and so you could find yourself meeting nora batty.

Suspended
Behemoth said:

Meh - See my post on the previos page - you were lucky

Soldato
Lostkat said:
Disagree with the distance thing. I guess it depends how much you value the relationship. Leon's 170 odd miles away, but I'd still want to be with him if he was in Northernmost Scotland. I kind of knew he was "IT" when we met. We do have plans to move in together at some point though, so it's not all for nothing :)

It was a similar distance to see Vix when she was in Wakefield. I used to leave here Friday afternoon and get there around the same time she finished work then I'd leave at 5am Monday morning and arrive at work at about 8ish.

Soldato
Depends...if you go on the net with the intention of finding a girlfriend then its pretty pathetic and sad...but if you just happen to hit it off with someone you talk to online, then theres no probs with it..

Back
Top Bottom