Meeting Boyfriends/Girlfriends Online

Caporegime
Met my first long-term girlfriend and first love on a trance forum back in 2003.
Exchanged msn addys, chatted for a while, met up a few times at some clubs, and then got together.

Met my current gf of 4 months on the same forum, lol

Heck, my brother met his wife of 6 years on IRC when he was 22

I see nothing wrong with it, in fact, I think it's better than chatting up people at a pub or cheesy club, as you get to almost do some selective screening.

The chances of someone one a trance forum liking trance are pretty high, and for me, crucial, so the fact I have met 2 gfs that love trance as a result is far better than going to a pub, chatting up some lady, only to find out she loves heavy metal and biking ;)

Also most of my closest friends I met online over the years, seeing as I only moved to the UK in 2002, this was great.

Birds of a feather init? ;)

Soldato
I don't see a problem with it. Over the t'internet you can be more selective than you could be in a club / pub.

What story would you like to tell the grandkids of how you and grandma met?

I was in a club, got turned down 5 times that night, until I met your grandma..

If you're honest and yourself on and offline, then there isn't a problem.

The sad bit comes in when you lie to impress or you use a replacement photo of yourself.

I think using the internet your more likely to find someone of a like mind through conversation than going for attractiveness in an evening out and hoping they've got all the other qualities.

Soldato
Why are people acting like the only choices are meeting online or picking up some slapper in a bar/club? Ive never met a single girlfriend in a bar/club...

Caporegime
Balddog said:
Why are people acting like the only choices are meeting online or picking up some slapper in a bar/club? Ive never met a single girlfriend in a bar/club...

Neither have i, the ones i have met have been purely one night stands and a few have been a bit more than that but nothing too serious. Not into the bar/club/pub pick up scene anymore....i meet plenty of women through my workplace as it is.

Associate
Sic said:
met my girlfriend on Myspace. if it wasn't for the net/myspace, the best thing ever wouldn't have happened to me...so yeah, i dont think it's sad at all

met my boyfriend on myspace, he's a bit nice
i wasn't looking, he wasn't looking, it just kind of happened

Soldato
the girl whos currently staying in my house for the week i met online about 3 months ago..

on myspace.

we spoke for a while... then spoke on MSN, then i rang her the next day, then the next week i met her, the week after that we were together..

it didnt last too long but was an amazing relationship.

Man of Honour
jhmaeng said:
For all intents and purposes, it's pretty much the same! I bet the flight time is practically identical as well... :p

i imagine, about 10 hours usually, a pretty view of greenland, more screaming families going to whistler than you can shake a stick at and an aging 747, what fun it is....

Soldato
PhantomKarl said:
its not sad it the world we live in these days and this is the way people meet each other
isn't it sad that people feel the need to say that having ANOTHER OPTION for meeting people is sad.

Soldato
Neon said:
the girl whos currently staying in my house for the week i met online about 3 months ago..

on myspace.

we spoke for a while... then spoke on MSN, then i rang her the next day, then the next week i met her, the week after that we were together..

it didnt last too long but was an amazing relationship.

Do you have any idea how many other guys she did the same thing with? :snigger:

Myspace girls...a class of their own.

Soldato
Hmm, this myspace sounds dangerous (and Bebo and the like :rolleyes: )

Done it pretty much twice now, not really looking for anything either time at first, and just developed. Currently very very very happy indeed. :)

Soldato
Lostkat said:
OI!! I should poke your eye out for that comment.

On second thoughts, I'll go write song lyrics about it instead :paaain:

dude you know its true...half the girls on myspace and 99% of the guys use it to get sex :o

The amount of dirty ***** on myspace far exceeds the normal average :o

Soldato
Balddog said:
dude you know its true...half the girls on myspace and 99% of the guys use it to get sex :o

The amount of dirty ***** on myspace far exceeds the normal average :o
Hehe, I do agree. It's quite disturbing the amount of weirdos who message you despite your profile saying "IN A RELATIONSHIP". I only signed up to say hi to Sic's hamster :(

Sic

Sic

Soldato
Lostkat said:
Hehe, I do agree. It's quite disturbing the amount of weirdos who message you despite your profile saying "IN A RELATIONSHIP". I only signed up to say hi to Sic's hamster :(

and now look at you!! y'little scenester :p

Back
Top Bottom