Meeting Boyfriends/Girlfriends Online

Permabanned
i met my ex through myspace.....well i'd seen her before in town, and maybe said "hi" to her or something, but actually got properly talking to her through myspace before we actually proper had conversations when out etc....was pretty wierd, but was cool :)

Permabanned
malc30 said:
When Freeserve chat was up and runing many moons ago i used it to travel round the country riding anything that would let me.
Yer real sad a. :p

Anywhere you can get a partner is cool with me. ;)

lmao mint, i was like this a few years ago on yahoo/msn/lycos chatrooms , but as you it was more about getting laid than a relationship. I must say it was strange at first but got easyer and the women where pretty fit. Now everyone has the net so online dating/chatrooms is not as strange as it once was. I say crack on :D

Soldato
Saberu said:
The way I judge it is by quality, ie. out of the all the girls I meet the ratio of them which are interesting, fun to talk to people.

Using since September as an example for myself, being the time I first came to university and met many more people both online and offline than before.

I have decided that out of 15 or so girls i've spoken to online, 3 were interesting and fun. And out of the 10 or so girls i've spoken to offline, yes I rarely speak to girls in a social setting unfortunately due to not going out much/ being in Stafford campus (there be no girls 'ere), about 2 I would class as interesting and fun and both sadly had boyfriends.

I'm very selective when deciding how interesting and fun someone is to talk too, as a result my selection of friends of both sexes that I keep in communication with is well, selective. Problem is I am by no means a life of the party person and find even group conversation difficult so I am not a quick friends maker. Then again maybe these group conversations just don't interest me so it's hard to say really.

Considering I don't go out very often I find the internet to be a godsend and personally think it is much preferable to meeting in a club if your weary about things like fakers/ timewasters, something I haven't been very weary of until recently causing me to almost give up on talking to girls online.

Drawbacks about meeting girls in a club for me are-

1. Noisy environment so difficult to converse without having to raise your voice, extremely frustrating.

2. Most girls go clubbing for male attention/ dancing so if you pull theres a good chance shes only doing it for the attention. In contrast guys go clubbing for dancing AND pulling. Girls don't understand this because by the nature of our society it is the guys that have to initiate anything so guys have to think about pulling and girls don't (see male attention).

Despite clubs being terrible places to meet girls they are unfortunately the only place outside of pubs or houseparties you can do it unless your willing to talk to girls on the street or in coffee shops.

Not only that but theres the benefit previous posters have mentioned of being able to get to know someones personality before looks and be attracted to them for non-vain reasons. You could argue that most people have pictures on the internet but then 95% of these pictures are too low resolution to tell how goodlooking someone is so they don't count.

Would appreciate any replies to my post which I think is constructive to this thread, using my own experiences to extrapolate on the best medium to meet people; which is ideally house parties/ through friends/ family but for me and many other people these types of social meetings can be hard to come by.

Disclaimer: I by no means consider myself an expert in either online or offline social interaction I am simply basing my assumptions on my own limited experience.

I'd agree with pretty much everything you've said there mate. Clubs in my opinion are dreadful places to pick up a girl and if I didnt I'd not be expecting it to be something long lasting (which is why I never do it).

I talk to quite a few girls online, most are friends and will only ever be that. I might meet them but again they'd never be more. There is one that might work out but still at early stages although we do seem to get on very well. Again if we do meet neither of us will have and preconcieved ideas of how it should go, we'll meet, have a laugh and see how we feel.

Same as if you'd met someone anywhere really!

Associate
Mattius said:
must admit i did think it was sad, but i've changed my opinion now im single, you get to know the person before meeting them hence finding out if they a beeatch first, however you do have the problem that people lie and so you could find yourself meeting nora batty.
whats wrong with nora batty lol

Back
Top Bottom