1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Melt up - National Inflation Association

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by anything I don't mind, 15 May 2010.

1. anything I don't mind

PermaBanned

A new video by the producer that brought you The Dollar Bubble and Inflation Nation.

Melt up

Video Link - youtube

2. stockhausen

Capodecina

What on earth is this doing here?
    What is you view on whatever it is?
    What sort of debate do you anticipate?

3. Gaidin109

Mobster

Why are all the posted videos of this nature based on the US economy? Find one that is based on ours and I may actually get past the first 5mins.

4. dirtydog

PermaBanned

Two reasons why it is relevant to you. One, when the US economy implodes it will affect the whole world, and two, the UK is in exactly the same position as the US re the issues in this video.

5. Gaidin109

Mobster

Not really, If the US economy does implode (which is extremely unlikely) there is always someone to take their place, China, India even Russia,or indeed the EU, movement of Economic powerhouses is not that unusual. Smaller countries like us are far better placed to switch from one economy to another, the fact that most of our trading is within Europe make Europe a pretty enclosed economic environment. China and India are already showing signs of wanting to spend the money they are earning and the way forward is to take advantage of that fact.

Find me a video thats actually relevant to our economic model and not the US and then it may be relevant.

http://www.thenewfederalist.eu/Europe-vs-USA-Whose-Economy-Wins

Last edited: 15 May 2010
  6. dirtydog

PermaBanned

You haven't even watched it yet you are telling us it doesn't apply to the UK...

Go back to sleep.

7. Gaidin109

Mobster

I sat through about half of it. It's completely irrelevent as you assume Europe is indebted to China, and it is not.

The Economies of the US and EU are completely different, so show me a video related to the EU Economy, or just quit talking crap.

8. dirtydog

PermaBanned

lol

9. The Mad Rapper

Banned

You need to do some research, you're embarrassing yourself.

10. Gaidin109

Mobster

I'm just trying to wind up DD....:D

Although I haven't really noticed any unprecedented price rises or hyper-inflation lately!!!!!

But seriously there are some serious differences and flaws in comparing EU to US economies, for example:

The EU is the largest exporter in the world, Germany alone exports more than the US and is comparable to China.

The EU is the largest internal market in the world; It dominates banking, Insurance, engineering, construction and chemical and food sectors globally.

Consumer debt in the US is far higher than that in the EU, Family savings in the EU is around 5%-8% (it was 12% in 2005), yet in the US it is currently 0%.

EU poverty levels are well below that of the US, OECD figures show that EU productivity is well above US levels even though the EU have far more mandatory leisure time.

There are huge differences between the economies of Europe and the US, which does mean that the issues raised in the video cannot be superimposed on the EU quite so easily.

Last edited: 15 May 2010
  11. Strife212

Capodecina

The US economy does seem like it's built on very shaky foundations.