Memory Timings Not Changing

Associate
Hi all,

I am trying to overclocker my ram. I’ve managed to get a good freq and FCLK with 1.35v.
However trying to adjust timings I can’t seem to change to CAS. tRCD, tRP and tRAS I can change but no matter what I put in CAS latency in bios it stick at 22, although my ram is CL15.
I’ve tried turning gear down mode off (although I’d rather keep it on) but only drops to 21. Also tried just putting the DOCHP profile on but still nothing changes.

Ryzen 3600XT
Asus ROG X-570E
Crucial Ballistix RGB 4x8gb

Associate
OP
Thanks for your reply.

Yeah I’ve tried enabling DOCP, as I’m using AMD and the profile states the timings I’m trying to achieve (15-16-16-35). But doing this or doing it manually I can’t change the CAS latency from 22, so I only get 22-16-16-35

Soldato
Have you had a good look through the bios as sometimes there is 2 places where you can change timings with one taking precedence.

Other than that it maybe worth doing a CMOS reset or a bios update if you haven't tried that already.

Associate
OP
I will have a good look for another section in BIOS that might be affecting it.

Is there an easier way to reset CMOS, as my battery is fairly inaccessible due to my graphics card being vertically mounted. I have done a BIOS update and that is the latest version, at least it was last week!

Back
Top Bottom