Memtest for 24 hours, 4 passes only though

Associate
So, I bought some new rams (used) for my humble proliant microserver N36L. I dont know if it's because of low performing CPU, but it only managed to do 4 passes in 24 hours (2x8GB).

Am I good?

I read someone that 3 passes are good, but to be as certain as possible 8 passes is ideal (any more after that is diminishing returns).

Forgot to mention 0 errors found.

Man of Honour
Have to say so far in my experience I've never found a stick of RAM that can make it beyond 2-3 passes but then fail at 8 or so - not to say it doesn't happen but I've done a lot of RAM testing without encountering it. I've had a few times where RAM will pass 1 but fail at 2 or 3 though but even that is fairly uncommon.

Associate
So, I bought some new rams (used) for my humble proliant microserver N36L. I dont know if it's because of low performing CPU, but it only managed to do 4 passes in 24 hours (2x8GB).

Am I good?

I read someone that 3 passes are good, but to be as certain as possible 8 passes is ideal (any more after that is diminishing returns).

Forgot to mention 0 errors found.
Nothing wrong with that, I've had some PC's take like 8 hours for one pass - and then I would consider it satisfactory.
I did have one stick (about 15 years ago) that would fail only after several passes and the more I stressed it the worse it got. Eventually it would fail at the first pass every time.
But generally, if it's going to go, it'll do it on the first pass.

Back
Top Bottom