Men & Motors to be replaced by ITV Play on Freeview

Man of Honour
More quiz show nonsense. I wish someone would actually see sense and ban the whole lot of them for being a complete and utter rip-off. Not bothered about the car shows, but I'd quite happily have 24/7 reality cop shows (nothing like a really good car chase, especially if it's some stupid drugged-up idiot that's on the receiving end :D).

Oh well, I have Sky in the lounge, but I prefer to watch Freeview in the office (so I can post here at the same time, don'tcha know). Oh well, maybe it's the excuse I've been looking for to start a massive clearout in the lounge so I can actually use it. :eek:

Unless, that is, I can figure out how to get Sky to work over my LAN (the PC that runs the Freeview feed is sat next to the Sky box, so that's not out of the question).

Pho

Pho

Soldato
Berserker said:
More quiz show nonsense. I wish someone would actually see sense and ban the whole lot of them for being a complete and utter rip-off. Not bothered about the car shows, but I'd quite happily have 24/7 reality cop shows (nothing like a really good car chase, especially if it's some stupid drugged-up idiot that's on the receiving end :D).

Oh well, I have Sky in the lounge, but I prefer to watch Freeview in the office (so I can post here at the same time, don'tcha know). Oh well, maybe it's the excuse I've been looking for to start a massive clearout in the lounge so I can actually use it. :eek:

Unless, that is, I can figure out how to get Sky to work over my LAN (the PC that runs the Freeview feed is sat next to the Sky box, so that's not out of the question).

You could probably feed the output from the sky box into a TV card (it's not the best way but it would probably work).

I only get M&Ms for around half the year (the signal on a couple of channels (M&M and FTN or something I think) gets knocked out around this time of year due to trees around our house) but it was a pretty good channel :/. If someone cares to post a complaint letter they sent I'll forward it onto ITV too.

Associate
Noooooo. No more UK Summer Party :( ;)

Seriously, this is all about ITV's short term profits rather than providing entertainment - and why has it gone now when the new "Quiz" channel wont be starting until the 19th ? ITV have lost the plot bigtime.

AFAIK there are some new rules coming in 2007 (?) which could close down these "Quiz" channels, as most of the puzzles are actually misleading - something to do with an actual element of skill benig involved in winning, otherwise it will be termed a "lottery"

Closure of these crap channels - Quizcall + 2hrs on FTN @10pm every night - would not come a minute too soon IMHO.

Damn Shame :mad: will miss M&M - complaint sent :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
saw this last night .... did a channel scan to see if they just moved it but alas no. its obviously a money maker which is why theyre doing it - doesnt rate highly for me as an entertainment channel though. bring back my M&Ms :(

Soldato
Pho said:
You could probably feed the output from the sky box into a TV card (it's not the best way but it would probably work).

I only get M&Ms for around half the year (the signal on a couple of channels (M&M and FTN or something I think) gets knocked out around this time of year due to trees around our house) but it was a pretty good channel :/. If someone cares to post a complaint letter they sent I'll forward it onto ITV too.

If you buy one of the TV Link kits then you will get all the bits to connect your box up. You can do it yourself a lot cheaper but the link kit gives you the remote eye.

Tru

Tru

Soldato
This is rubbish, M&M was a good channel and these quizzes are probably the worst thing I've ever seen on TV. The're only redeemed when a real idiot phones in:

Q: Name a county in England

First caller: France :eek: :D

Soldato
The Mint is really annoying me now. Jesus, some of the people who phone in are so stupid I just wanna go and beat them with a giant bat. Maybe it'd be alright if it were one night a week, but every night is too much. God - I hate ITV!

Soldato
OP
robjf said:
Could someone post the email they sent as im not feeling particularly creative this morning. :(
I was also lazy and pretty much mailed my post above:-

Ficking through the channels on Freeview this evening and noticed that Men & Motors is to be replaced by a new channel called ITV Play.

Whilst M&M may not be considered prime time viewing (and a little too much soft smut) it does have a fair amount of half decent motor programmes and 80s classics (Magnum for example) so I was a little disappointed to see it go.

So what’s it been replaced with then? what is this ITV Play? Sounds like some sort of music channel…………no it’s yet another 24 hour quiz channel aimed at the stupid to encourage them to cough up loads of cash via premium rate phone numbers.

How does this sort of thing get approved, surely this isn’t a viewers decision/request?

Awaiting your reply,
Regards....blah blah

Permabanned
Also emailed a complaint and recieved a bog standard reply I think.

Thank you for your email regarding the above.

Your comments and concerns have been recorded here in the ITV Duty
Office and also forwarded onto Senior Management for their perusal.

Once again many thanks for taking the trouble to contact ITV.

Best wishes.

DUTY OFFICER - sh

Back
Top Bottom