Mens' Brogues in fashion?

Soldato
it's an old saying about brown shoes and working environments (particularly London because presumably people don't wear suits in mines or on farms)

Beyond brogues I am currently liking some blue suede desert boots but my favourite shoes are a lovely pair of slip on john lobb and a pair of black whole cut edward green shoes, both of which I've had for years. Unfortunately my budget for sartorial treats has plummeted somewhat since banging out the kids :p

I have some really nice blue suede shoes from River Island, yet to wear them!

Soldato
... which is good for me as i work for cheaney shoes :)

That's pretty cool, what do you do there?

I'd be lost without my brogues, I don't find most other men's shoes particularly good looking.

I have several pairs of full brogues from the following:

Church
Loake
Jeffery West
Herring (made by Cheany)
Cheany

I'm going to treat myself to another couple of pairs for Christmas - can't beat a good pair of english handmade shoes :)

Associate
That's pretty cool, what do you do there?

I'd be lost without my brogues, I don't find most other men's shoes particularly good looking.

I have several pairs of full brogues from the following:

Church
Loake
Jeffery West
Herring (made by Cheany)
Cheany

I'm going to treat myself to another couple of pairs for Christmas - can't beat a good pair of english handmade shoes :)

Which of those do you prefer - is there much of a difference in quality between them ?

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Sorry to dig this up, but, yes or no with jeans?
shoe.JPG

Last edited:
Soldato
Be careful out there, I bought a pair of Grensons, circa £170 thinking they were made in England and exuding build quality and heritage, yeah, made in India, Loakes are made in India too, except for their 1880 range i think,you need to dig deep on the Grenson site to find this out btw, the site boasts of the manufacturing process and heritage. Seems to me it's yet another example of someone buying a heritage name and marketing does the rest, sickening actually, I thougt I was buying something special in a world of rubbish goods/quality....to be fair though they look good and feel good so I won't tell if u don't :)

Soldato
Ah, so the ones I posted above (are they showing now?!) should be OK!

I'm not sure they are a style for jeans, but a better colour yes. They're a posh shoes for my taste, they match miles better with trousers imo. I think skinny jeans would suit them, the bootcut seems to make them look odd.

Soldato
Meh, I normally wear them with my Hilfigers (they are dark blue)
but one, they were dirty
two, it was ****ing down and I had 3 hours left to get my Crimbo shopping done

Soldato
oh lord how are these in fashion ?

You've got to be hipster as **** to wear those bad boys!

Saying that, im tempted to take it to extremes and start dressing Boardwalk Empire style, in which case i may well need some!

Soldato
I have dark brown brogues that look great with either dark blue jeans or grey trousers. Never black trousers with brown shoes or black shoes with jeans IMO. Oh, and I'm so square-framed glasses monger hipster. :p

Back
Top Bottom