Men's Olympic Football Tournament ** spoilers **

Soldato
As much as I'd like to see us win a football tournament I would've hated to see the footballers receive more exposure than our other athletes at the Olympics which would've happened had we won.

The thing is, any column inches dedicated to describing the loss to South Korea will be wasted space that could be better used to celebrate the six gold and one silver medal won today.

Soldato
Trying not to make this sound like a bad loser and i'm genuinely interested - but do keepers not have to stand on the line anymore?

I might be wrong but when the SK keeper saved the penalty he was about 50% of the distance towards the penalty spot?

Soldato
How much more evidence do we need that we have the wrong national sport in this country.

While our athletes create history in the stadium before going back to scraping together funding to continue their development, our multi million pound paid footballers put in a less than inspiring performance and fall out of yet another tournament.

Couldn't of said it better.

Soldato
How much more evidence do we need that we have the wrong national sport in this country.

While our athletes create history in the stadium before going back to scraping together funding to continue their development, our multi million pound paid footballers put in a less than inspiring performance and fall out of yet another tournament.

No we have shocking international management and a terrible attitude towards selection of players.

On the one hand I'm really glad to have Cork back for the last week of pre-season but on the other we could have picked some sensible first team players for this tournament instead of 3 pretty big over 23 players and quite a few average under 23 options (plus big ego prem "next big things" hopefully have been put in their places from today)

Caporegime

Great post, such a shame when this is over 90% of public behind this team won't give even the slightest interest until the next olympics. The only way to keep this momentum up is to host it every 4 years here ;)

Soldato

best post u have ever written in your life. awsome

Associate

I agree with Athletics>Football currently but you forget Cycling > Athletics. British cycling is just :D

As a chelsea fan i really feel bad for sturridge and i cant put all the blame on him. There were some really poor performances tonight. I have tickets to the semi's so atleast i get to see Brazil :)

Caporegime
A fair few South Koreans are thanking Sturridge on his Facebook page :D

2s1u51x.png

Soldato
More importantly, what the *NO DISGUISED SWEAR WORDS* are TEAM GAMES like footie, basketball, baseball (now defunct), beach volleyball and hockey doing in the bloody olympics at all?
The Olympics have turned into a bloody parody of popular culture, feeling they need to include team games and the like.
Surely the Olympics is about fastest/strongest rather than a team plan? I'm a footie freak myself but I hate the footie being part of the Olympics and I'm glad to see "us" out of it.
Olympics is about PERSONAL ACHIEVEMENT surely? And before someone spouts crap about rowing or relays having more than one person... think about it!

Soldato
More importantly, what the fudge are TEAM GAMES like footie, basketball, baseball (now defunct), beach volleyball and hockey doing in the bloody olympics at all?
The Olympics have turned into a bloody parody of popular culture, feeling they need to include team games and the like.
Surely the Olympics is about fastest/strongest rather than a team plan? I'm a footie freak myself but I hate the footie being part of the Olympics and I'm glad to see "us" out of it.
Olympics is about PERSONAL ACHIEVEMENT surely? And before someone spouts crap about rowing or relays having more than one person... think about it!

If you're going to get rid of all team events then what about: Team sprint cycling, pretty much all the rowing events, relay swimming, relay running, doubles tennis/badminton/table tennis, volleyball, syncro diving, field hockey etc

There'd be practically nothing left
What a silly comment
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Caporegime

Hey ho, its become apparent we are **** hot at cycling.

Swap your season ticket for Tickets for the tour de france next year anybody ? :D

Back
Top Bottom